Engine management light

phantom-uk

Good day.
2016 T6 Euro6, 72,000 miles
New cam belt, auxiliary belt, water pump in 2021, serviced regularly.
Short runs every other day around city.
1. Engine coolant light on permanent Red now. Coolant disappearing somewhere during drive but once stopped and engine cools down the expansion vessel top is opened and the coolant refills itself from the engine to the correct level (some sort of vacuum sucking and holding it somewhere ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).

2. Sluggish to start most of the time.

3. In 2021 diagnostics showed glow plugs a problem so changed 3 out leaving the one with the sensor in place, no more fault codes since.

3. Today, a ticking/knocking from top of engine, belt and pulleys end maybe. Engine management light on flashing Orange, loss of power, difficult to start.

What’s the prognosis?
Hit me with it, I’m dreading the replies!

Thank you.

Could be any of hundreds of things! Get it scanned for codes, and go from there.
If it's a cam timing related fault, don't start the engine!

Could be any of hundreds of things! Get it scanned for codes, and go from there.
If it's a cam timing related fault, don't start the engine!
Thanks.
Does Carista give all the fault codes or only some compared with the big boys scanners?
cheers

1. Have the battery tested if it is the original?
2. Need to test each glow plug resistance.
3. Need a full scan really.
4. Coolant always rises when you open the cap if the coolant is warm, normally they are vacuum filled.
5. EML light may be due to 1. (low battery voltage)

1. Have the battery tested if it is the original?
2. Need to test each glow plug resistance.
3. Need a full scan really.
4. Coolant always rises when you open the cap if the coolant is warm, normally they are vacuum filled.
5. EML light may be due to 1. (low battery voltage)

Carissa on order, arriving tomorrow.
I haven’t started it today but turned on ignition to verify fault lights.
I initially said the engine management light had come on but it is the glow plug coil fault light that’s illuminated together with the coolant light, so it now looks like this
1. Knocking/ticking from top of engine.
2. Orange glow plug fault light flashing.
3. Red coolant fault light flashing.
4. Last run, the van was in limp mode.
Does this make any difference to initial thoughts?
Thank you.

Can be any number of things, without a fault code it's pure speculation
Thank you
Okie Dokie, I’ll come back when I receive the fault codes. My money is on the glow plug with pressure sensor (as it was the only one not changed last year) £180

Back