Looks like AppConnect has finally been cracked!!

It is possible and it is a great feature.
The going rate is around £100 which unlocks CarPlay and the voice activation feature.
you need a blank SD Card and a computer that will upload to SD card.
you will also need the compatible USB socket in your van.
Hi, do you think its wirth it? What of the unlocked features have you used?

Hi, can someone please explain how this works? I’ve just bought a 2019 transporter with standard head unit, is it possible to use CarPlay?

Great service, done via laptop and sd card. Awesome for those of us without the technical knowledge or equipment. Highly recommended.

Honest question....? Do you think you could replicate it yourself now or is it all done remotely their end!?

Dunno, it’s just a software update via SD but how you get the file and if it requires your installed SW train version and perhaps the MU version edited into it before it works is beyond my meagre knowledge.

Is there any way to get this to work via Bluetooth? Does it HAVE to be plugged in with a cable?

Apple CarPlay def needs a cable connection on my iPhone 11 and latest media software, tried the wireless connection and it wouldnt see the van. Works fine for media on Bluetooth just not the CarPlay interface

Great, thank you. Bluetooth connection for phone and music works so well that I don't really want to have to faff around with a cable. Shame, it's a nice feature

Message Ryan from North East VAG Adaptations if you have FB / messenger

Apple CarPlay def needs a cable connection on my iPhone 11 and latest media software, tried the wireless connection and it wouldnt see the van. Works fine for media on Bluetooth just not the CarPlay interface

BMW patented Car Play via Bluetooth, although I think the patent ran out recently it stopped others doing it.

Wireless Carplay handshakes via bluetooth and then hands over to WIfi so there's no way of making an existing one work without an adapter.

Does the head unit have the app button and a sd slot? If so yes I would say so.

Back