Looking to buy a cheap t6 2018-onwards but cann't find any bargains at all

I bought my Vivaro kombi 9 seater 5 years ago for £7500. Sold it in March for £8500.

i have purchased close to 100 t6's as a trader over the past 4 years

i no everything has gone up and all the market forces that put that into play

for examples:

in 2019 - buying 2017 t6 shuttles for 19k
in 2020 - buying 2018 t6 shuttles for 19k
in 2021 - buying 2019 t6 shuttles for 21.5k
first few months 2022 - buying a few t6 shuttles for 22k
rest of 2022 NOT BUYING t6 shuttles at £27k

BUT

there is a turning point, which we are seeing happening now

1) cars/vans etc are all being faked bid threw the auctions (bca, manihaiem) with overinflated gap and glass prices and not selling

2) bca more than maniheim are fixing there own prices and not even using the correct gap prices any more, they say there combining recent sales and trade prices to come up with the gap and glass prices they show on stock to bid ????

3) interest rates are increasing, the cost of living crisis is hitting, poeple are feeling poorer, so the average workers are less likely to make larger purcahses

4) a house price and used car bubble

this is all going to lead to a massive shock, the only good thing about it is i will be able to buy cheap bargains again very soon

all these poeple thinking there cars/vans are worth £30k plus will be unhappy to take the 7k-10k loss that your going to see on models very soon

sell your van now - as we are or are still near the top of the market if your thinking of selling

but its going to be harder work to get the higher prices now, a few months down the line as prices drop, used prices will snowball downwards

prices always tend to build up slowly, but the flip side is the drop in prices is a shock event, prices will always drop 3-4 times faster than they did raising

for examples:

BUT

1) cars/vans etc are all being faked bid threw the auctions (bca, manihaiem) with overinflated gap and glass prices and not selling

2) bca more than maniheim are fixing there own prices and not even using the correct gap prices any more, they say there combining recent sales and trade prices to come up with the gap and glass prices they show on stock to bid ????

3) interest rates are increasing, the cost of living crisis is hitting, poeple are feeling poorer, so the average workers are less likely to make larger purcahses

this is all going to lead to a massive shock, the only good thing about it is i will be able to buy cheap bargains again very soon

all these poeple thinking there cars/vans are worth £30k plus will be unhappy to take the 7k-10k loss that your going to see on models very soon
Are you Rachel Reeves in disguise? :rolleyes:

I'm afraid that you probably won't get too many takers on here as the majority of members actually want to keep their vans and enjoy them and be part of the scene not sell on when one member says they will drop 20-30% soon. Good luck in your search though......

I feel sorry for anyone trying to buy a van first time right now. Nobody is going to sell cheap if they have to buy another van at the current prices. It's now a bit like the housing ladder. If you're on the ladder you are much better placed that being a first time buyer...

Last edited:

for examples:

BUT

So,,, if you got a cheap van, and did it up, would you sell for less than everything else comparable on the market?

sell your van now - as we are or are still near the top of the market if your thinking of selling

but its going to be harder work to get the higher prices now, a few months down the line as prices drop, used prices will snowball downwards

prices always tend to build up slowly, but the flip side is the drop in prices is a shock event, prices will always drop 3-4 times faster than they did raising
You’re conveniently forgetting to include the supply chain issues in your theory. As I said at the beginning, until lead times start to drop significantly, prices will stay high. When VW et al. Start to quote 6month delivery dates, that’s when the bubble will burst. Nice try but you ain’t going to make a quick buck in this man’s land.

I don’t expect the products from any energy intensive industry to stop rising in cost any time soon. That includes the motor vehicle industry.
When I retired from the oil industry in 2016 the sector responsible for initial exploration was in a rapid demise with no investment in assets or training. Basically nothing has changed, a lot of mergers / takeovers but no significant replacement of scrapped assets.

for examples:

If you are not prepared to buy at those prices, it's time to change your business model then. At least until the market changes as you predict.

The reality is that the only people needing to sell quickly and possibly cheaply would be somebody who’s financial position changes unexpectedly.

And in that situation I doubt they Would approach dealers unless they’ve tried other well known selling sites and failed to sell

Especially as I had to look up who the current shadow chancellor was - still thought it was Dodds, but she's had a sideways promotion downwards to the Women and Equalities brief.

Especially as I had to look up who the current shadow chancellor was - still thought it was Dodds, but she's had a sideways promotion downwards to the Women and Equalities brief.
Could have been her hubby (used to be Gordon Brown’s joke writer!)

I feel sorry for anyone trying to buy a van fist time right now. Nobody is going to sell cheap if they have to buy another van at the current prices. It's now a bit like the housing ladder. If you're on the ladder you are much better placed that being a first time buyer...
Fanks - your pity is graciously accepted ;)

Edit: Is this where I whinge that it's all the fault of the Boomers?

Back