Look-Launch Control as Standard!

Samro

VIP Member
T6 Legend
The problem of a misspent youth is that you stumble on this sort of thing:
4D4A43EA-0D3D-46F7-90B8-259ADA5D19EB.jpeg

NOTE: To stumble on this you need to have a mental age of 12 and will need new tyres quite often! (I won't be using this function again........ it made me feel rather daft and cost me a couple of mm of front tyre tread! How I wish I'd gone 4motion!:D)

I am aware that I should wear a seatbelt and use this mode with my handbrake off, but I just replicated the screen message in my drive for the sake of a photo!:p

BTW- Function found on my 2021 T6.1 204 DSG PV (Without sport mode.)

I’ve got launch control on my M3. I swear they programmed that in to try and put you in a hedge

I tried it once on my Passat. Seemed pretty pointless as by the time you'd gone through all the rigmarole of setting it up, the other fella is 50 yards down the road.

Back in the old days it was, ESP off, Sport or Manual selected, left foot on brakes, right foot fully on the throttle, off the brakes and hold on as the front axle tramped like it was trying to shake the wheels off.

No ESP Disable button on a T6. :thumbsdown:

So how is it done?
Like dubber36 said
Back in the old days it was, ESP off, Sport or Manual selected, left foot on brakes, right foot fully on the throttle, off the brakes and hold on as the front axle tramped like it was trying to shake the wheels off.
....... but I don't have sport mode so just manual and wouldn't go with right foot "fully" on the throttle...... you'd just bounce like a space hopper!

I'd go with "plenty" of throttle with smooth (but aggressive) increase to max throttle as traction increases! You are an animal @dubber36!

Last edited:
Like dubber36 said

....... but I don't have sport mode so just manual and wouldn't go with right foot "fully" on the throttle...... you'd just bounce like a space hopper!

I'd go with "plenty" of throttle with smooth (but aggressive) increase to max throttle as traction is increases! You are an animal @dubber36!
The technique described by @dubber36 is best carried out in somebody else's vehicle! ;)

Had that button on my T5.1 DSG 4motion.

And the diff lock button.

But not on the T6 DSG non 4m.

When this come up before and I asked the VW tech, they said it had been omitted. ( On the standard T6)

So it just 4motion?

I know some ppl have retro fitted it as the BCM still has the input.

What that picture from @Loz? (Your van? 4m?)

Had that button on my T5.1 DSG 4motion.

And the diff lock button.

But not on the T6 DSG non 4m.

When this come up before and I asked the VW tech, they said it had been omitted. ( On the standard T6)

So it just 4motion?

I know some ppl have retro fitted it as the BCM still has the input.

What that picture from @Loz? (Your van? 4m?)
As per Loz, I have the ESP disable button on my 4Motion too.

So looks like it's standard fit on 4motion.

And omitted on manual and DSG without 4motion.?

Reactions: Loz
Back