Llanelwy Campers Autoglide R&r Bed

We have one and so does a mate of mine.
We both found them firm to sleep on, he had Terry the trimmer retim theirs and put slightly thicker foam in it, we will do the same.
We have also snapped the wire which released it back from a bed to a chair, due to it trapping on the amount of crap under the bed.
The seat bed buckles need pushing through the bottom or the flip over the top and are a pain to get back.

We have one and so does a mate of mine.
We both found them firm to sleep on, he had Terry the trimmer retim theirs and put slightly thicker foam in it, we will do the same.
We have also snapped the wire which released it back from a bed to a chair, due to it trapping on the amount of crap under the bed.
The seat bed buckles need pushing through the bottom or the flip over the top and are a pain to get back.
Hi
On the photos the the bed does not look comfortable due to the foam being too thin, i'd get a local trim guy to do it with thicker foam. I was just wondering what you think of the quality? Would you buy one again if you were on the look out for another bed ?

No, I would personally buy a Titans bed,
BUT the conversion had already been done we bought it for everything else,
Jaibow our fitters has now changed to Titan beds and they are so much more useful.
Plus I have only seen 3 beds, the quality is good it's the wire system n comfort as a bed I think could be better.

No, I would personally buy a Titans bed,
BUT the conversion had already been done we bought it for everything else,
Jaibow our fitters has now changed to Titan beds and they are so much more useful.
Plus I have only seen 3 beds, the quality is good it's the wire system n comfort as a bed I think could be better.
Cheers, i'll have a look at titan beds

They have more boot space,
And can be fitted to rails so moved up and down the van and also can be easily removed from the van if required.

hi all with regards to the AutoGlide beds they no longer use the cable mech to control the release system that is now done electronically and a scheme was introduced to upgrade to the se version (electronic release) as a company we take quality seriously that's why ALL AutoGlide beds come with an unconditional lifetime guarantee and the cable mech has not been fitted for over three years now.

If your having problems @Critch please message me

Last edited by a moderator:
I am more than grateful for the above reply, and hats off to Llanelwy for offering to take this up

I am more than grateful for the above reply, and hats off to Llanelwy for offering to take this up
No problem if you need a new cable I can supply a new kit but if you are ok with hand tools I can supply you an se electronic upgrade kit with standard loom completely free of charge
Kindest regards pete
Ps I will need a pic of your release catch so I know what kit you need and address details
Please email to pete9768@btinternet.com

Well the parts have arrived as promised,
Many thanks to Pete Llanelwy Camper/beds for the upgrade, ..
I am a happy boy

IMG_20200508_142235.jpg

So these beds come with a lifetime guarantee does that include a free upgrade to the to the electric release type actuator solenoid I'm not sure everyone got that deal as I was quoted £75 for the upgrade. The cable system does not work very well at all and was problematic after using the bed for the first time the foam isn't very thick we use a topper and the bed boards come loose due to the fact they use threaded bolts that are going through the underside of the metal frame into wood and once undone a few times your lucky if they will tighten again the seat belt buckles work themselves loose as well which is from putting the seat into bed position these are all small faults that could be rectified and improvements would have to be made especially when you factor in the price.

As for recommending any other beds I wouldn't be able to advise if they are any better or any worse than the one I purchased just my honest opinion so do your research before parting with your hard earned cash.

Back