Lining Quantities

Higgidav

T6 Guru
I am planning on ordering the lining carpet tomorrow and will be going for a combination of smoke on the metalwork and silver on the panels.

Can anyone advise the quantities required please? I am going to attempt no joints on the metalwork.

Finally - what is the best adhesive for Altro on a ply floor ?

My van is a SWB Kombi.

I think I ordered about 7m to do the metalwork in mine. It’s dead easy to calculate though, just run a tape measure from one b-pillar to the other b-pillar via the back door.
Think I then also had about 5m to do the rear panels, both sliding door panels and the rear seatbelt torsion wheel covers.

I ordered 10 mts for the metal work, and 10 mts for the Ply panels and Roof. That way i had plenty for any mishaps...

I ordered a 25 mtr roll for my LWB, as it was cheaper to buy and if i had a stuff up i had the same material from that batch.

i had 12 mtr left over after doing the roof, sides, sliding door, cavity above driver seat (mid roof) and tail gate.

Hi I normally use 13 metres of carpet when carpeting a van this way. You can buy spray adhesive especially for sticking Altro vinyl flooring just make sure that your ply floor is clean with no damage to get a good finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s great thanks - looks like 7m for the metal and 6 for the panels seems a safe combination and leave the ply floor until ready for the Altro.

It’s really great to be able to draw on everyone’s experience. Thanks all.

Hi I normally use 13 metres of carpet when carpeting a van this way. You can buy spray adhesive especially for sticking Altro vinyl flooring just make sure that your ply floor is clean with no damage to get a good finish.

Hi, what was the quantity split? I'm looking to do the sides and headliner, not the floor though. Also looking to do the sides all in one piece if possible, following Combe valley campers video on you tube. Also which carpet do you use? Harrisons or megavanmats seem to be the most popular, there's a mega deal form vandalised on eBay including sound deadening and insulation and 10 meters of carpet for only £170, just seems too good to be true and can't find anny reviews on here of anyone that's used them.

I did two tone and the 7 for the metal and 6 for the panels worked well. The headliner measures 2.5 but comes in a 3m length. I went with MVM and was happy with the quality and service.

Altro should be stuck down using an Acrylic based adhesive and not a a spray contact adhesive. ;)

Back