Lightweight Comfortable folding seating

Caulkhead

Builder
T6 Guru
Which after many years of use out of all the diffrent types of folding seating that you have bought and can still buy, which will hold the weight of a heavy person have you found to be the most comfortable and also the strongest.
When I say heavy I don’t mean seriously huge either !
As its all about pack ability within the van and ease of use.

I have some German ones from many years of use that are still as good as new, but we have always had large German Motorhomes and now we have down sized to a VW it’s all change.
Thanks in advance.

Every cycling (Single speed mountain biking, so more about the beer really) event I go to I seem to come back with a broken chair. I've recently brought some Kampa G'uvnor chairs. They seem fairly sturdy and have survived two events without getting broken.

Every cycling (Single speed mountain biking, so more about the beer really) event I go to I seem to come back with a broken chair. I've recently brought some Kampa G'uvnor chairs. They seem fairly sturdy and have survived two events without getting broken.

Many thanks, will look them up, buy a couple and try down in Portugal Jan 18 for a month

My wife and I have a pair of "directors' camping chairs" which we find very comfortable. If you search the web you will find many variations in colour and the shape of the cloth at the back. Some have a side table which folds down (with or without cup holder) and some have pockets. Originally we had steel chairs weighing about 5kg but sold them when we found aluminium chairs weighing 2.5kg.

Folding-Seat-Director-2011homcom-2.jpg

My wife and I have a pair of "directors' camping chairs" which we find very comfortable. If you search the web you will find many variations in colour and the shape of the cloth at the back. Some have a side table which folds down (with or without cup holder) and some have pockets. Originally we had steel chairs weighing about 5kg but sold them when we found aluminium chairs weighing 2.5kg.

View attachment 14092

Similar to Artists chairs

View attachment 14092

We use some very similar looking to this. An advantage of directors style chairs is that you don't get a diagonal bar in the back of your thigh like many "umbrella" style chairs do.

Back