Lights always on when auto [DRL]

Pedros85

T6 Guru
Hi, I’ve noticed that even during the day when my lights are set to auto they are always on…any idea why?

headlights that is. T6 t32 high line

Looking at your previous pictures, you have H4 headlights.

Do you mean the dipped headlights are on (along with position and taillights), or are you referring to the inner DRLs? The DRLs are on with the light switch in the OFF or AUTO position and go off when position lights or dipped headlights are turned on.

I’ve no idea! Must be those then. My car doesn’t have them when lights are auto on. Just noticed when in traffic or stopped they are on even during day. Didn’t know they were meant to be

Just noticed when in traffic or stopped they are on even during day.
Hence them called Daytime Running Lights

Have you not noticed all other new vehicles with some form of DRL for the last 10 years?

To be fair, they do look like you have left your lights on compared to some of the fancy led drls you get these days.

VW money pinching or utilitarian design, take your pick :think smile bounce:

Of course, you could always upgrade, they do look a bit more of a deliberate drl

Hi, I’ve noticed that even during the day when my lights are set to auto they are always on…any idea why?

headlights that is. T6 t32 high line
The auto lights on my T6 are way too sensitive. They come on way too early. I think it’s fairly typical unfortunately.

Edit: looking at further posts I note that you may be referring to your DRLs. They should be on in the daytime. They should switch over to headlights when the switch is on ‘auto’ and the daylight fades.

Thanks. Seems not to be an issue

Of course, you could always upgrade, they do look a bit more of a deliberate drl
It’s on the long list of very expensive things I want to do to the van!!

Hence them called Daytime Running Lights

Have you not noticed all other new vehicles with some form of DRL for the last 10 years?
No I don’t really pay attention to cars, not my interest. I’ve never heard of DRLs nor have I noticed them on my 2019 car which has LEDs.
seems entirely pointless to have lights on during the day but there you go

what I have noticed is all new cars have f***ing leds that are too bright and too high so they shine in your eyes when driving in the dark. Not sure why/how that got past the rule makers

Reactions: CAB
Thanks. Seems not to be an issue

It’s on the long list of very expensive things I want to do to the van!!

No I don’t really pay attention to cars, not my interest. I’ve never heard of DRLs nor have I noticed them on my 2019 car which has LEDs.
seems entirely pointless to have lights on during the day but there you go

what I have noticed is all new cars have f***ing leds that are too bright and too high so they shine in your eyes when driving in the dark. Not sure why/how that got past the rule makers

Ah but these are factory designed and installed LED arrays so can't possibly be less than perfect and are in no way similar to putting expensive, well designed, brighter, aftermarket LED lamps in simple reflector lamps... yup, not at all, indeed an expert will be along shortly to emphasise this very fact even though this is a thread about wild camping.

Ah but these are factory designed and installed LED arrays so can't possibly be less than perfect and are in no way similar to putting expensive, well designed, brighter, aftermarket LED lamps in simple reflector lamps... yup, not at all, indeed an expert will be along shortly to emphasise this very fact even though this is a thread about wild camping.
Thats a big chip on your shoulder, you should let it go. Wild camping? I think you got the wrong thread.

Back