Less "Urban" more "Country"??

chriscroft

15 years of VW T 'ing
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Trying to make our Vel Exec look a bit less "Urban" & a bit more "Country", maybe should have gone "Sparkling Bright Silver" not sure?

Pirelli Scorpion AT+ 225/65/17 on Amarok Posados 17" re-coded in a graphite colour on a 20mm lowered T6 Vel Exec with remapped 204BiTDI & remapped dsg 4mo.

Had a good run in the van today, and my thoughts.... (Previous wheels 18" Amaroks with Nokian Weatherproofs 235/55/18)
The Pirelli tyres are very good, and the drivability of the van is unchanged, it certainly handles pot-holes better.
Braking on a damp road, not quite as good but still fine.
Noise (my Vel is very quiet with laminated acoustic glass etc), I think at 65mph under general driving these is a bit more noise, but no more harshness or vibration.
The 8" wide wheels would have been better with a 235 tyre in terms of looks and rim protection.

All in All, I really like it maybe should have gone a bit bigger 235/65/17 (just for aesthetics of rim width) not sure; but I think the Pirelli AT Plus is a great AT tyre for the T6; we've run them on our Amarok for 30k miles now, and they are still going strong.

For more info on the tyres ....

IMG_7568.jpgIMG_7571.jpgIMG_7575.jpgIMG_7578.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very cool

For that real rural look out a large silver compass transfer on each rear side windows
View attachment 96347

Similar to the Westfalia logo on mine

CDD5BF51-CCB8-45DE-9548-19A9CD846ED1.jpeg
Not sure it makes it look more rural though, any logo at the back always reminds me of a commercial sign. What makes mine look “rural” is the vast amount of mud and horse sh*t coating the sides once I’ve driven 20 yards down the road (live not far from @chriscroft in similar surroundings)

Back