Less than a week to go :-)

KezandPhil

Hey All

Barring any last minute hiccups we pick up the van on Friday this week:) , pics will be posted here shortly after that.....

Some final pieces of discussion that we would like people’s views on if possible please, all views very welcomed .....

1. What’s best way to get a Reversing Camera. it’s a brand new t6.1 Highline ?

2. I need to use my laptop (Dell XPS) when not on hook up, what’s the best solution for this ?

3. Awning. We have been looking at the Vango Magra or Kela, any views on these or alternatives ? Also where’s the best place to view / buy these ?

4. Porta Loo - don’t seem to be able to get the Thetford 335 anywhere...We can get the 345 ? What’s the difference ?, any views and any other options.

Thanks again for any comments / views.

Kind Regards

Phil & Kerry

1 not sure on the new head units
2 pure swine inverter to be safe on a lap top
3 search for awning threads, theres a big one on here
4 think the waste area is bigger on the 345.

Search for Dellmassive how to threads on all electrical stuff :thumbsup:

2. I need to use my laptop (Dell XPS) when not on hook up, what’s the best solution for this ?
@Loz made a recommendation on a similar post some time ago, where he mentioned that you could buy a laptop cigarette-charger..
most don’t charge at 230v - which is why they have that block of a power adaptor within the charging cable - so the inverter would be inefficient.
Unless you’re going to be running other 230v items. In which case @Blitz is correct, albeit he probably meant a ‘sine wave’ and not a pork-based inverter.

Oh and welcome to the forum

@Loz made a recommendation on a similar post some time ago, where he mentioned that you could buy a laptop cigarette-charger..
most don’t charge at 230v - which is why they have that block of a power adaptor within the charging cable - so the inverter would be inefficient.
Unless you’re going to be running other 230v items. In which case @Blitz is correct, albeit he probably meant a ‘sine wave’ and not a pork-based inverter.

Here it is:

Yep thought I'd got that wrong, but couldn't be arsed to check :whistle:
The 12v socket is a great thing, didnt know about those.

I’ve got a Kela. Pleased with it. I actually used the bedroom in it this time which was enough for a double mattress. The kids loved the adventure of sleeping under canvas.

FB463F05-DC3A-4CC8-8FEA-D36D185449FA.jpeg

We also have the Kela brought it new off of someone on a selling page for half the price. Added the rail as well just in case ;) welcome to the forum.

CEABF589-C8BD-43D6-A778-CE7017CC73BC.jpeg

F36D8D33-F60D-463F-80F9-F048569D22B2.jpeg

8EDF3E89-1450-43C5-9B99-143E9EFD171A.jpeg

1BF22AA3-621D-4DD8-BE5B-D77384A55037.jpeg

Look here:

find the one you like and check out the usual suspects.. eBay, gumtree Facebook selling pages etc..

Its very similar to this compatible+laptop+power+dc+adapter+car+charger+1891725

But mine has 2 x usb charge points as well and I don't think I paid that much. I use mine at least 2-3 times a week and had it a few years so would certainly recommend it.
IMG_9537.jpeg

Back