Leisure battery not charging

Abercamper

Hello, newish campervan owner. I have a brand new leisure battery that is not taking charge on EHU or when we drive, It was fitted last weekend, we drove 87 miles, plugged into the EHU at a campsite and three days later the battery was down to 11.4. We switched off the fridge, which was the only power we were using and managed without til we came home. Where do I start looking for the problem please?

Do you know if you have a 12V battery charger for the Leisure battery in your van? It could be built into the vans consumer box or mounted separate between consumer unit and battery? If so, is it operational as your 12V van electrics are all ran off the battery and the charger keeps on top of charging it back up whilst on EHU.

Hi, I'm struggling with the same issue. Did you manage to find a fix? I've got a charger on my system with led lights on for alternator, solar and 240. All of a sudden its stopped working, seems like no power to the charger at all and battery voltage is dropping.

Hi, I'm struggling with the same issue. Did you manage to find a fix? I've got a charger on my system with led lights on for alternator, solar and 240. All of a sudden its stopped working, seems like no power to the charger at all and battery voltage is dropping.
got some pics of your setup?

Do you have solar too?

You said the LEDs come on for charging..... Any pics of that?.

Have you got a voltmeter?

What are you monitoring the leisure battery's with?

That NDS looks like a triple charger.....

Also any chance of a pic of the NDS terminals?

Do you have solar too?

You said the LEDs come on for charging..... Any pics of that?.

Have you got a voltmeter?

What are you monitoring the leisure battery's with?

That NDS looks like a triple charger.....

Also any chance of a pic of the NDS terminals?
Yes it has solar

It's the little red lights that flash under each type of changing been used but seems like no power to it all, tried EHU. Got a smart charger coming tomorrow to try and keep the batteries good. I have a multimeter and there is a voltage display on the worktop area.

Thanks

To test it,...

take voltage readings from ground to the solar input ... You should see 18v ish with bright weather.

On EHU, you should get 13.8v ish on the OUT terminal.

B+ should have the starter battery voltage. (And alternator voltage when engine running)

Ignition, should have 12v on it when engine running.

Maybe post some multimeter shots?.

It's possible that NDS may need a reset. (Disconect all power sources and leave overnight)

It's also possible it's faulty.

Back