Leighton wheels quality & tyre sizes

I have them on mine. They are about 18 months old and I have the anthracite with machined face.
They have a couple of small marks on the edge of the polished face but I think that’s where the coating has been damaged. They seem really durable. I have done them with a ceramic polish and just jet wash them, with the occasional cloth clean.

I replaced the 275/40/20 fronts with 245/45/20 and it is a massive improvement.

The only ball ache is that the valves sit inside the wheel. So when you go to check the tyre pressures your whole hand and wrist ends up covered in shit………but they look good so who cares.F867B828-1BBF-49E3-A435-4CA73FE608E7.jpeg

I have had them on the van now since May and so far so good. The only immediate feedback I had on purchasing them (which I also gave to Leighton) was the paint finish could have done with another coat of black as in certain areas when the sun shone on them you can see the base coat underneath thorough the black. Leighton said they will take the feedback and speak to the painters. I got the gloss black LV-1’s, the topcoat gloss lacquer shows no signs of peeling of flaking so far. I wash them as follows: first use my Karcher pressure washer then I spray them with Dragons Blood, jet wash again, wash them with car shampoo and a wheel brush then jet wash to rinse then dry with a microfibre cloth. The biggest issue with washing is getting in all the holes and channels due to the intricate design. Have nothing bad to say about them really, would definitely recommend to others if you are thinking of getting these.

View attachment 140028

View attachment 140029

I have had them on the van now since May and so far so good. The only immediate feedback I had on purchasing them (which I also gave to Leighton) was the paint finish could have done with another coat of black as in certain areas when the sun shone on them you can see the base coat underneath thorough the black. Leighton said they will take the feedback and speak to the painters. I got the gloss black LV-1’s, the topcoat gloss lacquer shows no signs of peeling of flaking so far. I wash them as follows: first use my Karcher pressure washer then I spray them with Dragons Blood, jet wash again, wash them with car shampoo and a wheel brush then jet wash to rinse then dry with a microfibre cloth. The biggest issue

Thank you guy's for your help. The wheels look great, if I do get a set I think I will go for the LV2.
I love too know who make them for Leighton, as long they are not made in China, I try to buy British.

I have them on mine. They are about 18 months old and I have the anthracite with machined face.
They have a couple of small marks on the edge of the polished face but I think that’s where the coating has been damaged. They seem really durable. I have done them with a ceramic polish and just jet wash them, with the occasional cloth clean.

I replaced the 275/40/20 fronts with 245/45/20 and it is a massive improvement.

The only ball ache is that the valves sit inside the wheel. So when you go to check the tyre pressures your whole hand and wrist ends up covered in shit………but they look good so who cares.View attachment 140033
What difference did the tyres make?

Sorry to hi-jack this thread but seems an appropriate place to post. I recently just installed some gloss black LV-1 wheels on my van. They really do look amazing!

What tyre pressures do you guys run? I’m currently on 275/40/20 all round

Thank you guy's for your help. The wheels look great, if I do get a set I think I will go for the LV2.
I love too know who make them for Leighton, as long they are not made in China, I try to buy British.
I had a choice and thought the LV2 looked a bit like big flower petals when I saw them in the flesh so went for the LV1

What difference did the tyres make?
More precise in the corners as the 275 are too wide for an 8.5j wheel - too much overhang.
Much easier turning the steering wheel at slow speed, no rubbing on the plastic arch liner at full lock, van seems to set off more easily too. I guess there’s less rotational weight.

Afternoon all,

I haven't emailed Leightons yet as I was after a little bit of advice from people that will know more about this subject than myself.

I have purchased a brand new set of Leighton LV-2 alloy wheels in gunmetal grey with polished faces which I am over the moon with. When unpackaging the wheels I have noticed a mark which I am happy to live with but on reflection I am quizzing if this is early stages of 'worming' on the polished faces and if I should enquire about a replacement alloy as I would like to avoid this getting worse further down the line.

The wheels will be receiving a Gtechniq C5 wheel armour coating when it arrives but does this help avoid worming as well as preventing it from getting worse? Unsure if I can leave this alloy as is or if it should be replaced due to early signs of 'worming'?

For reference the alloys are 4 weeks old now and have only travelled 30 miles - this image was taken on the day I unpackaged them on arrival.

May thanks for any advice on the subject.

Leighton Alloy.jpg

I would speak to LV and get an exchange. Wheels cost a lot and anything other than perfect won’t do. You work hard for your money

Afternoon all,

I haven't emailed Leightons yet as I was after a little bit of advice from people that will know more about this subject than myself.

I have purchased a brand new set of Leighton LV-2 alloy wheels in gunmetal grey with polished faces which I am over the moon with. When unpackaging the wheels I have noticed a mark which I am happy to live with but on reflection I am quizzing if this is early stages of 'worming' on the polished faces and if I should enquire about a replacement alloy as I would like to avoid this getting worse further down the line.

The wheels will be receiving a Gtechniq C5 wheel armour coating when it arrives but does this help avoid worming as well as preventing it from getting worse? Unsure if I can leave this alloy as is or if it should be replaced due to early signs of 'worming'?

For reference the alloys are 4 weeks old now and have only travelled 30 miles - this image was taken on the day I unpackaged them on arrival.

May thanks for any advice on the subject.

View attachment 151872
That looks like the lacquer is scratched and if it is, then as soon as winter salty water hits it, it will lead to worming very quickly.
As a "get out of jail card" Leighton may suggest the wheel face was caught with a socket when fitting on to the hub. :cry:
Certainly worth an email to them though - you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain...

As good looking as they are new, I don't think I've ever seen a set of polished faced rims last more than a couple of UK winters without some worming.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Thanks for your comments guys.

I’ve dropped Leighton's an email, this alloy is the worst but 3 of 4 are marked. All around the centre caps so possibly when the centre caps were installed at Leighton's they’ve been marked.

I can definitely hand on heart say a socket was well clear of the wheels upon fitting, ensuring an extension was used to keep well clear of marks, but that is a fair point.

Get LV to collect them and send a fresh set out with no damage.
This type of thing really annoys me why company’s think they can get away with sending out parts that are less than 100% perfect consider they are sold as brand new.
It would be a little different if they were to make you aware of the damage and at least offer them to you at a reduced price.

Evening all

im looking at the Lv3 set 20’ 10J rear and 8.5j

what are the quality of these like?
also what size tyres are people running?

I have a 2021 t6.1, will be doing a conversion on it and be putting the blistering suspension on it probably.
thanks

Back