LED headlights flicker when cleaning lenses

Fish

Joiner
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Has anyone notice that the LED's flicker when screen washer pumps kick in?. Driving home tonight and like im flashing the lights..anoying..

Again is this common.

Have you got headlight washers? On my polo Gti I had headlight washers and first time I pressed the screen wash at night I thought my lights had blown! LEDs shouldn't flicker at all.

@Buggirl good call:thumbsup:, I remember this on a car with xenon lights with headlight washers, the give away on that one was the spray coming up from front of car :eek:, but yep, flicker could be due to the washer system cleaning the headlight when you clean the windscreen, as it will work on the thought that if you need to clean the screen, the headlights will be dirty as well.. A cunning thought :D

Thanks all,
The lught washer works every 5th screen wash..
But the 'flickering' is every screen wash..

But will monitor the situation alittle more..

With regards to spray, yeah seen that but wasnt present during flickering time.

Thanks all,
The lught washer works every 5th screen wash..
But the 'flickering' is every screen wash..

But will monitor the situation alittle more..

With regards to spray, yeah seen that but wasnt present during flickering time.
I cant say i have seen any flickering on normal wash wipe only the headlight wash.. But I'll make a point of looking for it now..

Haven't noticed this on mine Fish, but will give the screen a squirt just for you on the way home from kids swimming lessons (where I am currently sat keeping the boredom at bay by running through the latest forum posts).

Haven't noticed this on mine Fish, but will give the screen a squirt just for you on the way home from kids swimming lessons (where I am currently sat keeping the boredom at bay by running through the latest forum posts).

Great waynto pass the time buddy,
Appricate the thought and trying it out.. may just be a case of the washers.. but not convinved yet...

Well @Fish me ole buddy, squirted the washers several times to be thorough and give it a jolly good test. Sorry to report, no flickering of the LED's.

Bugger.. without being nasty, I had hope you'd spot them same thing...lol..
Well then it must be me being simple..

Thanks for all your responses..

Back