LED DRL and DAB Signal

drew_greenday

T6 Guru
In my T5 my radio signal was crap, T5.1 my radio signal was crap and funnily enough, in my T6 my DAB signal is crap.

My bird has a VW Golf Mk6 with dab so I know where I will get a signal or not, and I know I can get from my house to Morrisons with no loss. So when I drive my T6 and lose my signal it really pisses me off. I have just driven from Ballater to Glasgow in awful weather, rain and high winds and didn't once lose signal in my dab. I had my lights on auto all the way and they were on main beam for the whole journey. I have read somewhere that LED aftermarket lights will hamper the signal. Is this possible and it does sound like mine do?

If this is so I guess I can change the DRL back to the standard bulbs and see.

Several reports that cheap LED drls can cause this along with some 12v devices in dash cig sockets

Fitting LED DRLs made no difference to DAB reception on my T5, the aftermarket reversing camera sure as hell did though! I haven't got a stereo with DAB in the T6 but I'm hoping it wouldn't be affected. I guess it maybe depends where your antenna is, my T5 one was an aftermarket screen one at the n/s top corner of the windscreen (right next to the A pillar where I'd run the reversing cam cable :rolleyes:)

Several reports that cheap LED drls can cause this along with some 12v devices in dash cig sockets

Ah, I also had a double USB socket perma plugged into the cig socket. It whined and whined at a high pitch squeal so I've since removed it. Will check tomorrow if with the led DRL on and This out the dab signal works.

Get a shark fin aerial fitted. My DAB was awful before, but now is near on perfect.

Even good quality LED DRL bulbs can effect the DAB reception, especially out here in the sticks!

When my DAB signal is weak and the DRLs switch on it drops the radio back to FM. As the DRLs switch over to headlights the DAB reception comes back!

Back