Leaky b14 ?

DCC

Just popped out to the van to grab something and noticed a small wet patch under the van, on closer inspection there is oil everywhere in the arch liner and other areas as you can see in the pics. IT looks to me like the shock is leaking ??

Shocks are b14 with approximately 40k on them, but not 100% sure as I only bought the van 2 weeks ago !

Seems a bit coincidental as only had the bumper off this morning to change the grill
B4A1E90E-9C63-4B31-9A1E-D3087A0CC7B2.jpegDB32C29F-1B15-4931-BC8E-B3AC34853BA0.jpeg

Looking at the clues to the height your van is running those b14 s won’t cope well That low. They have almost full length shock shafts And running them low bottoms them out too easily . Probable cause of the failure ,! Upgrade to something decent rather than waste money replacing those broken parts .

Reactions: DCC
Got a few more pics of the side of the van to see how it's sitting now?

Are you super low?

What wheels?

Looking at the clues to the height your van is running those b14 s won’t cope well That low. They have almost full length shock shafts And running them low bottoms them out too easily . Probable cause of the failure ,! Upgrade to something decent rather than waste money replacing those broken parts .
Hey Steve, I spoke to you a couple of weeks ago about the height of the van and wanting to change to a better set up, guess I will be changing a little sooner than expected. It is currently sitting 80mm down up front and 90mm on the rear.

Will give you a call in the morning to have a chat about kw or H&R and to get booked in if that’s ok ?

Back