Last time with no paint..

Its one of my fav mods so far - subtle but obvious

Subtle sums up my mod preferences. Like the Edition30 stripe down the side and rear of the van. As a preference I wouldn't have it there, but it's got my business name very discreetly in the same place VW put 'Edition 30'
Over the years, I realised that sign writing my full vans didn't bring in any work, because what we do is very niche and hard to explain if you don't own and Caravan or Motorhome. So we decided to loose all the sign writing, and just have something small incorperated on the van, so my customers knew it was me, and not a sub contractor which they wouldn't like. Hence the idea of the Edition30 stripe which I actually quite like now.

Another thread has just reminded me of something.

Anyone that's is having the full gloss Blacking like i've just had, and they own a darker coloured T6, I would highly advise an addition to this modification that I didn't have done, but will be doing in the future.

If you look at the front of mine, and you are as fussy as I am, the main issue is the fact I can see my Rad's through all the Black, and it looks a little unfinished in my opinion. I didn't notice this until I saw the van in full sunlight, and now it annoys me, and they should of been painted Black.

@gcoops contacted me after seeing the work my bodyshop had done, and his T6 is currently with my guys having exactly the same job done on his Blackberry Kombi, (along with several other paint jobs he wanted doing) and after mentioning my Rad's to my bodyshop, they called him and asked if wanted his painting, which he agreed. I've since seen his van front end now it's finished and the Black Rad's makes a huge difference.
What they do is give the van a far deeper chunkier look from the front, and it almost fills all the gaps you see from the front, that are highlighted by the silver rads.

The issue is I now have to remove all my front end to carry out this job, when it could of just been done at the time. It's an easy job when the front end is stripped, and one I highly advise having done for those with the eye for the details.

It might not look so obvious in this picture, but in direct sunlight the rad's stand out like a sore thumb. I will be doing mine, but anyone else having this mod done will save a lot of hassle if they just do this as part of the full job.

slitter .jpg

Last edited:
I’m probably the most anti mod member on here but I do think that’s a very sorted, coherent and well judged job you’ve done on your van.

Having read some of your 'anti mod' posts, I'm inclined to agree with you on that point.
I will take your comment and wear it as a badge of honour. If you'd of been lucky enough to be one of my Caravan or Motorhome customers, you'd of just made my No1 spot on my testimonial pages of history.

So I thank you for your compliment.

Having read some of your 'anti mod' posts, I'm inclined to agree with you on that point.
I will take your comment and wear it as a badge of honour. If you'd of been lucky enough to be one of my Caravan or Motorhome customers, you'd of just made my No1 spot on my testimonial pages of history.

So I thank you for your compliment.
Hi praise indeed. :thumbsup:

very classy mate! Less is more.....and I think you've done the right thing leaving the splitter as it is. Take your point about the rad. I'd love to see your mates Blackberry mods.....any chance? :thumbsup:

very classy mate! Less is more.....and I think you've done the right thing leaving the splitter as it is. Take your point about the rad. I'd love to see your mates Blackberry mods.....any chance? :thumbsup:

As far as I know, he's collecting it on Saturday, so I'm sure he will pop up some pics.

Sorry Guys, been soo busy. But as soon as I get a spare moment and get it cleaned after the journey back from Leicester, I will upload photos. Cracking job. Just did a post regarding the service from REO Motors in Recommend a business. Have a look. Excellent work.:thumbsup:

Hi, new member here. Cracking job on your van Tourershine. Mine is being delivered in the new year, hoping to do something similar. Query, wheels and tyres? Make and size of both please. They look so cool. Thanks.

Hi, new member here. Cracking job on your van Tourershine. Mine is being delivered in the new year, hoping to do something similar. Query, wheels and tyres? Make and size of both please. They look so cool. Thanks.

If you're referring to the Black ones in this thread, they are Savini BM13 19" by 8.5" ET45 all round. Tyres are 255/45/19.
A very nice quality wheel, but won't last in diamond cut version you see on mine, through our winters. I ended up having them totally re-furbished and full Gloss Black, which was much stronger.

Out of curiousity can the very lowest section of trim (the section where the fogs are) be removed without removing the bumper?

No it fits from behind and need the foglights removed from bumper to get it out

I can't see due to the angle, have you also painted the lower side mirror cover?

I painted mine and it makes a nice difference

Hi guys im looking forwards to do this mod next week, i really like how that black gloss looks like... does anyone knows the colour code that is used ?

Back