Large red wire under passenger seat

twhite6500

I have a 2016 T6 which when I bought it had a small 300w inverter fitted in the base of the passenger seat.
I removed the inverter and refitted all the other wiring in the passenger seat bin under the front mat and some of it across to under the drivers seat when I fitted a passenger seat swivel.
The inverter was connected to a positive (not switched through the ignition) thick red wire, probably about 16mm2.
When I fitted internal lighting and a diesel heater I used this feed as the power for them.
However, my clumsy wiring got caught up in the driver seat swivel and blew a fuse to the thick red wire power feed.
Can anyone please tell me where I will find the fuse for this circuit? I THINK this is the factory fitted wiring for an auxiliary battery, which wasn’t fitted.
The only other thing which seems to have been affected in this circuit is the parking sensor system and switching to reversing camera when reverse is engaged.
Any light anyone can throw on this would be extremely well received, thanks, Terry

Hi mate, iirc Fuse box under the battery.

Cheers
Chris

Yes, battery out then remove the metal cover plate under the battery to reveal the e-box and your blown fuse

Yes, battery out then remove the metal cover plate under the battery to reveal the e-box and your blown fuse
Hi terry, did you fix this problem? I have exactly the same, checked the big inline fuses under the battery and the look ok

Hi terry, did you fix this problem? I have exactly the same, checked the big inline fuses under the battery and the look ok
Hi, it was exactly what everyone on the forum said but the fuse didn’t look blown. If you have a multimeter just check across each fuse for continuity. Good luck with it. Quite a bit of work in order to just change a fuse though

Back