Landsail

Tinman1UK

Hi,

My first post on this forum so hi to all.

Looking for some advice on tyres. I have spec'd up a set of 18" alloys and when ring round for quotes one supplier recommended Landsail tyres. A quick google turns up some good reviews, however does anyone have any experience of this brand? Are they recommended?

Thanks

My wife has a set on the front of her Fiesta. Personally I would classify them as budget, especially when I got her car to slide sideways this very morning whilst going round a country bend, travelling at under 30mph since I was in a village and the “good boy sign” had just flashed 28mph at me. I would not rate them, but that is just my opinion.

This is a strange topic as whilst I 100% go for branded tyres on my cars, the van seems perfectly fine on budgets. Maybe its because Im more chilled out or just the van cant go as fast I dont know. I couldnt even tell you what the make of my tyres are as they dont say lol

This is a strange topic as whilst I 100% go for branded tyres on my cars, the van seems perfectly fine on budgets. Maybe its because Im more chilled out or just the van cant go as fast I dont know. I couldnt even tell you what the make of my tyres are as they dont say lol
I think our Vel Exec has got: ABS;EDL;EPS;EBD;BRAKEASSIST;AUTONOMOUSBRAKING;4MOTION:DIFFLOCK:ACC:DCC; AND ABOUT 20 other things I've forgot all about such as LED lights; bigger twin pot brakes; automatic headlights and whipers etc etc, and all these things do is help me or the van brake or steer sooner or more effectively to avoid a problem. The only thing that enables all these things to be effective is friction that my tyres can mobilise with their terrain.
I implore everybody to buy the best tyres that can afford to reliably maximise the benefits of a very capable 3 tonne 115mph van, and the terrain they drive on.

Id love to test my tyres against some of the top of the range ones, I think they would stand up well.

Landsfail.

Having done 130k on the t5 with various tyres to find the right ones and 20k on the t6. I have settled on goodyear asymmetric 2 as the best I have tried so far in terms of wet weather, braking which was a huge difference and longevity.

Id love to test my tyres against some of the top of the range ones, I think they would stand up well.
I understand why you may say that, and we all have to be careful about getting drawn in by marketing; but there is a lot of evidence, tests and revues which may suggest many cheaper tyres carry higher performance/reliability risks.
And also in my experience cheap tyres measured across a whole life cycle really are not that cheap. Quality tyres regularly give 30k miles with 3mm still left; there are people on her who can't get 10k miles from their tyres????

Yeah I get that totally, I just think the gap is closing. Vredestein used to be mid range, now they get fitted to Brabus models and they have gone from being £100 a corner to £180 for exactly the same tyre - why you may ask - because in tests they outperformed the high end tyres.

I put a brand new set of continentals on my golf and mrs got 15k out of them which I think is a bit of a joke.

Funny you should say that as I swapped Michelin Pilot Sports for the Vredesteins lol £285 a tyre v £110 plus the reviews meant it was a no brainer.

Funny you should say that as I swapped Michelin Pilot Sports for the Vredesteins lol £285 a tyre v £110 plus the reviews meant it was a no brainer.
Yep compare them against the Michelins, and if your tyres come up better then go with it.

I run Nokians, but to evaluate them on paper as a desk top study, I compared them against the closest Michelin, and went with the Nokians

15k out of tyres a joke?

I'm happy with 12k. Rainsport 3 only got me 7k. Venus prime 10k. Assymetric 2 gets around 12-13k which is very decent.

Ad08r on the car get around 4k.

That's 15k miles on smooth motorways - she managed 22k on budgets 18 months before, so yes for 3 times the price its a joke.

mixed response really, maybe i should have been more specific, however I do believe you get what you pay for. Think I will revert back to a premium brand for peace of mind.
thanks

All

I would fit Nokin 235/55/18 Weatherproof
Tyre Nokian Weatherproof SUV 235/55 R18 104V XL - Tyre Leader
You can get them for about £120 each, they last 30k miles and are bloody awesome in all conditions and expectations a T6 can be asked to accommodate, use them all year round, and they are better in a UK winter than general winter tyres, because our average temps a re very warm in winter compare to many parts of Europe.
They are slightly oversized but that is fine, and they fill the arches better.
Brill on tracks/snow/ice/rain/floods/dryroads for a T6 a perfect tyre imo

nokian-weatherproof-suv.jpg

Back