Kombi Single Seat Problem

Brennanpj

VIP Member
T6 Guru
My +1 Kombi rear seat seems to be broken .
I can’t tilt it forward with small lever on the side of back rest , or remove it with the big release bar at the back close to floor. Feels like something has come disconnected and I’m stuck . It folds flat using the toggle by the seat belt buckle . That’s it .

if it came out I might be able to get under it to see what’s broke .

many ideas ??

Hi - I have exactly the same problem (2018 model). Just trying to remove the seat as I need to carry some sofas in the morning. Backrest will fold via the strap but not the tilt lever which is preventing me from removing the seat.

thanks
James

I have not got round to fixing it yet ! I had a quick look .I think I will have to unbolt the seat from the brackets that clip into the floor ! Either the cable mechanism is broken or come un attached somehow.

I’ve just taken the plastic trim off and the cable is moving the actuators on each side. So the cables are fine but the mechanism won’t release at floor level. About to give up.

Have you tried siting in the seat whilst someone else pulls the toggle / lever? Mine needed weight on as it didn't engage fully when I put the seats back in last time. The passenger was literally bouncing up and down and it then released

002C6DDF-5C6B-4CF9-A169-309932D1B62D.jpeg Ok - sorted it. You need to remove the plastic trim around the legs which opens up a small gap in the metal (above where the green indicator tags are). Insert a thin screwdriver in there, feel around for the mechanism and lift up. In my case there appears to have been a small sweet wrapper wrapped around the bar section in the floor which was just enough to restrict the mechanism. Photo attached.

I will have a go tomorrow, looks like someone has swapped out a nut and put a gold coloured one on . Mine are both black like the front one of your two .

View attachment 61198 Ok - sorted it. You need to remove the plastic trim around the legs which opens up a small gap in the metal (above where the green indicator tags are). Insert a thin screwdriver in there, feel around for the mechanism and lift up. In my case there appears to have been a small sweet wrapper wrapped around the bar section in the floor which was just enough to restrict the mechanism. Photo attached.

no joy for me , I can’t get a screwdriver under the mechanism!
Out of interest did you have to jam a screwdriver under both legs ?

I even spoke to Oxford vw conversions, as I was working near by . They suggested buying a new seat !
I will try unbolting it this weekend.

Mine is not having it . It’s out of warranty so I might have to stump up for a new one . !

Anyone had this issue recently or been able to come up with an easy way of fixing? My single second row (+1) has stopped tilting and won’t lift out either via the bar on the back.

this is a common fault which caused by the hook style lever jamming due to lack of grease on it

or sometimes the little round type pin the attached to the end of the lever wire , that goes into the realese mechsuim pops out

i have fixed this on quite a few diff t6 shuttles i have had over the years

first remove the seat base, the 4 spline bolts

you also need to remove the back trim cover that hides one of the bolts

once you have the seat base removed you can put a screwdriver down to release the tilt forward

once its in the tilted forward postion, you can then see if just needs greasing up, or the little round pin on the end of the lever wire has poped out

i just wrap green garden twist wire around it if its popped out, makes it more sercure

next time i fix one i will do pictures of the process

Thanks for posting this, much appreciated. I’ll take a look at the weekend and see what I can do, will get some photos whilst it’s apart

Did anyone get any photos? Mines done the same and I've removed bolts and plastics but can't work out what's stuck

Worth taking a picture as is? I’ll do the same with mine when I strip it down this weekend and can see if we can get someone to give some pointers or post a pic of a working seat mech to compare

I had this problem (or one like it) and (eventually...) found an easy enough fix. See here:

In terms of the problem I had: this must be a common wear and tear fault, if the pin is held in place only by the snug fit of metal against plastic? Is there an easier/better solution than gluing a washer on the end of the pin?

I find I have to partially tilt the seats forwards before the release for the hold down works on the outer two seats (1+1+1)
The middle one releases by use of the bar between the legs.

I had this problem (or one like it) and (eventually...) found an easy enough fix. See here:

In terms of the problem I had: this must be a common wear and tear fault, if the pin is held in place only by the snug fit of metal against plastic? Is there an easier/better solution than gluing a washer on the end of the pin?
So my pin was the other side but when you take seat pad off you can’t access little black lever from the top. I tried wire hoops and everything to try and get to it. Then realised underneath there is an access hole so you can put flat blade screwdriver up and trigger plastic level.

Back