Kombi panel trimming

Murof6T

VIP Member
Do you trim the hardboard panels or replace them with plywood ?
I realise I have to replace the clips with longer ones but can’t see any advantage in replacing boards?
Thx

I just trimmed the hardboard mainly as a test, 15 months later still holding up after a dozen 2-3 day trips. I think they can start to fall apart due to moisture if you use the van more. I do plan on using ply in the future though.

Interesting…I’m looking at getting the inside carpet lined and the roof suede lined don’t think I’ll bother with insulation or sound deadening ( maybe just the basics) I wont be in the back or using it to sleep in, did wonder if the original panels would cope being carpeted. Whats the consensus??

The insulation makes it much quieter when driving. Far less boomy and more car like. Insulation is not only to keep you warm at night.

The insulation makes it much quieter when driving. Far less boomy and more car like. Insulation is not only to keep you warm at night.
Complete agree. The insulation and sound deadening has made more of a difference in comfort than anything. Sounds and drives like my golf now.

Back