Kombi (lwb) bed ideas

scotia

Mechanical engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello,

anyone have any good ideas for a bed in the kombi in a lwb ex 9 seater?

We still have the rear bench triple in and want a bed that unfolds or slides out once the bench is folded.

i've looked at exploria but they dont seem to be compatible?

I did see a system in a Transit custom that had a double bed half suspended from the B, C & D pillars sort of like a hammock.

I have a frame and three piece bed system done by Wessex Vans in my LWB T6. Not the cheapest but really comfy and what I would call an occasional use bed. The frame comes out in 5/10 mins with an electric screwdriver but I leave it up as it's a good frame for my bikes.

I store the boards behind the seats when not in use, no need to put down the bench seat but I take out the single seat to ease access.

Sorry pictures aren't great but you get the idea. I am sure Wessex vans have better ones on website.

Hope this helps make informed decision.

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

Hi there,
thanks for the replies. We have a lwb, but the triple bench in the back (it was 9 seats so 3 rows of seats..).

at the moment im thinking two frames, one fixed and one that slides over this one into place with two front feet.

This is to replace my amdro style bed which i dont get on with... my wife cant lower the bench seat with the wood bed attached to the back as its too heay and it means we dont have a parcel shelf so storage is reduced. Allan, i like yours but dont see it fitting behind our rear triple?

Ah, It does go in a swb by extending over the rear seats folded down but I don't know if you have the standard floor tie downs. Might be worth asking them.

Good luck

I've sent them a mail. we do have tie downs but im beginning to wonder if they are the standard position... for example exploria say that the two front feet would need to be attached but from my photo that i sent them the front tie downs are under the bench seat so not accesible..

im a bit lost with swb rear seats lwb rear seats etc... i thought there was only a few configs but it seems there are many!

Question along the same lines. Has anyone had a kombi/shuttle/ or similar pass DVLA, being re categorised as a motor caravan, while it used the original rear VW lift out seats as part of the living area and as part of the bed. The flexibility of the factory rear seats, in that they can be easily removed or repositioned for cargo carrying capability, is handy. Also, folded flat, they could form the front of a bed base. Planning on fitting a sliding RIB bed at some point, but using existing seats meantime would allow funds to be used for other parts of the conversion. For insurance purposes though, I think it will be easier to have the shuttle re registered as a motor caravan, hence the query.

Back