Kombi & Kitchen Pod question

Nathan Thomas

Hi, first poster here.

I'm looking at getting a Exploria Kombi bed for the rear, but also wanted a removable / kitchen pod. The Slidepods looks great but a little ££ for me, plus I'd need the room under the Kombi bed for storage when camping.

I was thinking of getting a 2+1 fitted in the Kombi, and the idea would be to get a kitchen pod made to be placed where the single seat is removed. Does anybody know if this would be possible with the space remaining? I'm yet to actually get the conversion done, therefore don't have a Kombi to measure up.

Also, is the single seat of a 2+1 always closest to the sliding door or can it be moved to the opposite end? As obviously this would scupper my idea about placing the kitchen pod there!

If anyone has a similar set up a pic and details would be fantastic.

Thanks

Last edited:
Another bed option is the Forty Winks bed by Advance Design. I have one yet to fit in my van so can do more pictures soon.
As for the Kombi question. The single has a lever to tilt it which is on the door side, you would need to get a foreign seat set up whereby the single is on the other side.
As for kitchen unit....it all depends what you want to include in your unit, a fridge might not fit

Thanks, the Kombi I'm looking at has twin sliding doors so the position of the "1" in the "2+1" is not an issue. However, when the bed is full extended and folded down, do you know roughly how much space I would have for a kitchen pod? I'm thinking maybe 40 - 50cm? Something like this, as I "think" it needs 2 x cooking rings, plus its 500mm x 400mm so worst case would fit if I only had 400mm to play with.
6b602a_05fbfb385f4c4226b6eaf5daad463b5c.webp

I'm just trying to potentially tick all the boxes for a V5 Motorhome conversion.

Got it thanks. I really need to get the bed and remove the double so I can start to take measurements and see how much room I have, would love to have enough for a kitchen pod with stove rings, sink, water and gas storage and maybe a propex heater.

Got it thanks. I really need to get the bed and remove the double so I can start to take measurements and see how much room I have, would love to have enough for a kitchen pod with stove rings, sink, water and gas storage and maybe a propex heater.

Hi Nathan,

How did you get on with this. I've had the same idea for a while. Exploria bed and a removable kitchen pod for behind the drivers seat.
My passenger seat I have fitted with a swivel.
If you got a any pics that will be cool to see.
cheers

Back