Kombi Interior Lighting.

cy294

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Evening all,

Having had our first ever T6 made into a simple basic day van and had led spots installed in the roof, which operate via a rocket switch on the passenger interior door pillar.

Question I have is, can they be wired to illuminate when either the sliding door opens or the barn doors?

I still have the normal standard interior light at the front, but the rear one went during the installation of the LEDs and carpeting and lining of the roof.

Thank you all in advance once again for your knowledge which far superior than mine. :thumbsup:

@cy294 do you have a leisure battery installed?

Have a search for @Deaky build thread. Description is there.

Also, as a new member try and make use of the forum search.

Searching The Forum

Thanks for the reply. I most certainly will do. I did try and use the search facility but obviously not using the right terms to show up the relevant post. Thank you anyways.

Very simple in that case. Change the rocker switch in the door pillar for a 3 way connect the -ve of the lights to the common terminal on the switch. Connect the brown red wire from the courtesy circuit to any of the other terminals and the brown wire of the courtesy circuit to the last terminal. The red black wire is the +ve for your lights. :)

Very simple in that case. Change the rocker switch in the door pillar for a 3 way connect the -ve of the lights to the common terminal on the switch. Connect the brown red wire from the courtesy circuit to any of the other terminals and the brown wire of the courtesy circuit to the last terminal. The red black wire is the +ve for your lights. :)
Thanks Deaky,
make sense and that's why I love this Forum

Back