Kombi Edition conversion upgrade and learning curve.

I have had the rails and seats fitted using Colin at @VWVC (Previously OXFORD T5) at a cost of £5000. He took in part exchange my almost new rubber Kombi floor and triple seat bench at £500 so I paid £4500.
How much of that cost was fitting if you don't mind me asking? I'm surprised you had a few issues with it. I've read good reviews on here about that company. Oh well, I guess every now and then someone slips through the net

I have had the rails and seats fitted using Colin at @VWVC (Previously OXFORD T5) at a cost of £5000. He took in part exchange my almost new rubber Kombi floor and triple seat bench at £500 so I paid £4500. He fitted the Caravelle floor at an acceptable level of competence but as he cut and joined bits of old floors (the floors were from twin sliders to fit my single slider) it does not give a factory or one piece floor finish. I have found it to be not great finishing in my opinion resulting in my having to replace the floor at an extra cost of £1200. He did supply two middle seats and a rear bench(bed) in cloth finish in that price and they were all of a good quality (although i plan on having them recovered along with the two front captain chairs to my spec).
So in short , Its not cheap , its not exemplary finishing but this wouldn't stop me recommending him as a competent fitter.
How much of that cost was fitting if you don't mind me asking? I'm surprised you had a few issues with it. I've read good reviews on here about that company. Oh well, I guess every now and then someone slips through the net

Caravelles were/are only ever twin slider so you'll never get a seamless OEM look using a genuine Caravelle floor. The only way would be to patch the wood then re carpet the whole lot.

Caravelles were/are only ever twin slider so you'll never get a seamless OEM look using a genuine Caravelle floor. The only way would be to patch the wood then re carpet the whole lot.
I had my Caravelle rails and seats fitted by Colin as well, I have twin sliders and I can’t fault his workmanship at all. I only wish I had got it done sooner.

I thoght i had better post a couple of Photos of the 'not the best' finishing that i had described. As you can see at the rear of the floor Colin had used a sponge to fill in gaps instead of cutting and joining actual floor and this does not sit level with the actual timber floor.
Also as can be seen near the entrance step he has screwed over the top of the Carpet a piece of plastic. He did say that he would have to join floor boards as caravelle floors are only available in twin slider. I do wish colin had told me how he intended on finishing or giving me an option of a new one piece floor. I contacted the company Exploria and they supply and fit a new one piece timber and cover in OEM capet.
IMG_8731.jpeg IMG_8730.jpeg IMG_8729.jpeg

I thoght i had better post a couple of Photos of the 'not the best' finishing that i had described. As you can see at the rear of the floor Colin had used a sponge to fill in gaps instead of cutting and joining actual floor and this does not sit level with the actual timber floor.
Also as can be seen near the entrance step he has screwed over the top of the Carpet a piece of plastic. He did say that he would have to join floor boards as caravelle floors are only available in twin slider. I do wish colin had told me how he intended on finishing or giving me an option of a new one piece floor. I contacted the company Exploria and they supply and fit a new one piece timber and cover in OEM capet.
View attachment 76350 View attachment 76352 View attachment 76351
Looking good. Colin fitted my caravelle rails and then exploria did a one piece floor with karndean on top. Really happy with this combination

Back