Knocking On Full Lock

Lee newton

T6 Pro
hi everyone just need some abvice.
I have a horrible knocking nose when I full lock to the left and the right.
Any ideas what I could be :(:(

I was thinking cv joints.
It’s not rubbing in the arch inliners there’s loads of room there. It know when you full lock and pull off on full lock.
Thanks guys

Yeah got it Friday and the knocking Sunday. so going to be taking it back at the weekend as I can’t get time off of work. GUTTED :mad::mad:

Has it been lowered?
Mine knocks on full lock when I reverse off driveways. It always has, but doesn't worry me.

Yeah it does it when I full lock in reverse and when I pull off forward.
I had been lowered

Same as mine then.
I've had a good look under mine and nothings a miss, so I just put it down to it being so low, and the bushes/springs moving about.
I'd describe it more of a clunk than a knock.
You can get it checked for peace of mind, but I suspect they won't find anything wrong.

Sounds exactly the same as mine.
Are you in B14’s?
Are they wound right down?
If so, I believe it is nothing to be alarmed about.
@Fish also has the same, and he had it looked at when it went in for service; they sent him a video of it. He will be along soon to confirm, but it is not a problem all be it a tad annoying, I just ignore it now.

hey @Lee newton just for clarity,

what van?
what wheels?
what suspension?
millage?

as above cloncking on full lock is normally related to the outer CV joint either slipping or binding.

but if you have out-spec-suspension (ie B14`s dropped to the max) then the axel/CV/Hub geometry is out of whack/design limits.

basically the angle of the axel in relation to the CV/hub when on full lock can be too much and the CV will bind as its past its normal limits.

Something i come across with a T5.1 4motion - i wanted sportline suspension to lower it a bit but the factory and dealer would not have none of it (because it was a 4Mtn), it was not an authorized upgrade and they told me it could destroy the CV/Axels/Diff`s. . . . . . . so i stuck with the factory spec suspension.

and if your not too sure what a knackered CV joint sounds like take a look at this guy >

hey @Lee newton just for clarity,

what van?
what wheels?
what suspension?
millage?

as above cloncking on full lock is normally related to the outer CV joint either slipping or binding.

but if you have out-spec-suspension (ie B14`s dropped to the max) then the axel/CV/Hub geometry is out of whack/design limits.

basically the angle of the axel in relation to the CV/hub when on full lock can be too much and the CV will bind as its past its normal limits.

Something i come across with a T5.1 4motion - i wanted sportline suspension to lower it a bit but the factory and dealer would not have none of it (because it was a 4Mtn), it was not an authorized upgrade and they told me it could destroy the CV/Axels/Diff`s. . . . . . . so i stuck with the factory spec suspension.

and if your not too sure what a knackered CV joint sounds like take a look at this guy >

It’s a t6 and it’s got Momo 20ich wheels
Not sure what suspension is on it as got the van as it was and it’s 25 Thousand Miles
If I can I’ll take it back to them and see what they say as it’s under warranty

If it was me I would raise it with them, even if it’s nothing to worry about at least you have it noted with them and get some piece of mind it’s been looked at

Back