Kiravans Door Store doesn't fit...

What sort of quality are these ?, is there any other ideas seen Reimo do a similar one and is there an option to fit on non sliding door panel too.
Mine has been fitted for over 3 years and is superb, wouldn’t hesitate to get another if and when we ever change the vehicle.

I've always thought that they were a lot of money for what's effectively a bit of moulded plastic. Even worse if ir doesn't fit properly!

Glad I found this thread before ordering one!
Don‘t really want to be cutting my door about just to make it fit

I've had one fitted to my T6 for five yrs, and it will be coming with me to my T6.1, whenever it arrives. Brilliant piece of kit, and I wouldn't be without it, because I don't know if you may have noticed, but there is sod all storage in a Kombi, unless you put it there yourself.

Reactions: CAB
Nico,
See attached pic.
Airfix
Nico,
Panel pressing equipment is notoriously expensive for car manufacturers so the additional lugs probably cover new or future options, that are obviously not fitted to my van. The lug on far right is probably something to do with the two similar shaped lugs above it (also not on Kirivans YouTube video, but don't need removal), where some item is fitted and slots down into the three lugs. The other two lugs on left that do need removal could be for any number of options, if I had to guess something to do with adjacent locking mechanism.

Airfix

View attachment 86719
Did this fix work well for refitting from T6 to T6.1 with no further problems? Cheers.

Did this fix work well for refitting from T6 to T6.1 with no further problems? Cheers.
The T6.1 has various latch mechanisms which get in the way of the Kiravans door store. I modified one to fit, but JustKampers now have one designed to fit T6.1, which is cheaper.

My Kiravans mod:

JK design

The T6.1 has various latch mechanisms which get in the way of the Kiravans door store. I modified one to fit, but JustKampers now have one designed to fit T6.1, which is cheaper.

My Kiravans mod:

JK design
Thanks Drinfinity...I have seen the JK one, but I fitted the Kiravan one to my T6 , so was thinking to take it off fitting it to new T6.1. I still have original panel for T5.
so would save me some money if I could.

Midland Leisure Supplies do one that looks good and is at £140 at the moment. I’m tempted but wonder if anyone has tried one?

It’s not difficult to cut the tabs off the 6.1 door panel to make the Kiravans one fit. It took me 20 minutes to do the whole swap from my old T6 to new (to me) T6.1 in the dark with a cutting disk on my cheapo angle grinder.

I’ve found the Kiravans door store expensive but really useful. There’s no way they are going to spend £1000’s to get another mold knocked up to suit the seemingly pointless changes that have been made to the T6.1 door pressing.

I quite like Kiravans kit, and have been buying it for years - they’re like the M&S of VW modding. The blackout curtain kits they do are exceptionally good.

It’s not difficult to cut the tabs off the 6.1 door panel to make the Kiravans one fit. It took me 20 minutes to do the whole swap from my old T6 to new (to me) T6.1 in the dark with a cutting disk on my cheapo angle grinder.

I’ve found the Kiravans door store expensive but really useful. There’s no way they are going to spend £1000’s to get another mold knocked up to suit the seemingly pointless changes that have been made to the T6.1 door pressing.

I quite like Kiravans kit, and have been buying it for years - they’re like the M&S of VW modding. The blackout curtain kits they do are exceptionally good.
Finally removed panel (with no damage) but those Kiravan clips put up a fight.....next step to tackle T6.1 when delivered.

Am about to press the button on a pair of the Just Kampers doorstores as they are T6.1 compatible, then I noticed this "Please note; These will not fit vans with the optional electric sliding door." (I have electric sliding doors - or will do when the damn van arrives....!)

Is this just a get out to say that I'll need to do a little fettling like @drinfinity has done? Or is it just a simple 'they don't fit m8'???

Anyone any experience??

I bought a pair of door stores for my twin slider Kombi. Just lined up the door store in the LHS door..

I bought a pair of door stores for my twin slider Kombi. Just lined up the door store in the LHS door ...

I know you're having problems with the *LHS* door store.... but I didn't think they actually DID one for the RHS slider??? I thought only for a fixed panel on that side?

...Or is that because I was only looking at the old version (bc I was thinking of carpeting it rather than just plastic)?
I'm looking again and I can only see a door store for a *fixed* panel there.
(It's a bit misleading calling it a door-store I guess cos it ain't in a door!
Edit - having looked again they call it a "PanelStore" but it's sold in a twin pack with the LHS side DoorStore under the DoorStore menu and if you're not paying attention...)

This may or may not cheer you up: your double slider door-stores may never have worked?! Sorry.

Edit 2: @drinfinity pointed out that JustKampers do a door-store that fits the T6.1 (and as I think we have just found the 2019 T6 Kombi - which is what I have too!!)...

...AND they do a door-store for the RHS slider!

They do a bundle with both:

Last edited:
Back