Kiravans Door Store doesn't fit...

benp1

T6 Guru
I bought a pair of door stores for my twin slider Kombi. Just lined up the door store in the LHS door and it doesn't fit, the top hole has more metal tabs than the video shows.

Has anyone else found this? Assumed it was a straight fit, that was what the video implied. Tried calling them but they're closed on a Sunday. I was hoping not to have to do any cutting

One pic showing my door and another with a screenshot from the video

B914FE36-0A0A-420A-90F6-BE7173242531.png

B51CB2D3-711F-4992-9ACD-FD2A2A8E4A94.jpeg

Mine was a perfect straight fit on my 3 year old T6, unfortunately it looks as if VW have changed things, what a pain and my sympathies

Mine was a perfect straight fit on my 3 year old T6, unfortunately it looks as if VW have changed things, what a pain and my sympathies
Yep same here with a easy fit. Thought they may have changed the door design on the new 6.1 but seems the change was before then. Sure kiravans with sort the op out.

Hi @benp1, I just found myself in the same situation you described in your OP ie two Kiravan Door Stores for a late 2019 T6 and more metal tabs around the door aperture than the product description and video shows. Did you manage to resolve the problem and install the units?

Either way, I will call Kiravans on Monday and post the outcome for future potential buyers.

many thanks

Linners

I sent them back without having to pay for postage. I could have cut the tabs off but I didn't want to have to modify the van.

Perhaps an updated t6.1 version will fit? When they bring one out

Thanks for your quick reply. What a shame - it‘s such a useful product - looks like I will be returning them too.

Linners

I sent them back without having to pay for postage. I could have cut the tabs off but I didn't want to have to modify the van.

Perhaps an updated t6.1 version will fit? When they bring one out
Hi @benp1
I'm in same situation with the newer door configuration. How much modification of the door frame is needed to make the door store fit?
It appears from pics that the two tabs on the bottom and one on the left need to be removed. Can you confirm.
Thanks
Airfix61

Yes, I think its just cutting those tabs off, could use a Drexel or a hacksaw. But I don’t know for sure because I didn’t do it

Hi @Airfix61
Did you end up buying it and try to fit it inside your van? If yes, did you just need to cut off those tabs?

Thanks Nico
Hi Nico,
Yes, did buy it and cut three tabs off to make it fit into door recess. Used a disc cutter, bit of an over kill but don't have anything smaller. Smoothed edges with a file and painted exposed metal.
Airfix

Thanks for quick reply! Any ideas why VW fitted those tabs there in the first place? Are they neccessary to install the OEM table?

Nico,
See attached pic.
Airfix
Thanks for quick reply! Any ideas why VW fitted those tabs there in the first place? Are they neccessary to install the OEM table?
Nico,
Panel pressing equipment is notoriously expensive for car manufacturers so the additional lugs probably cover new or future options, that are obviously not fitted to my van. The lug on far right is probably something to do with the two similar shaped lugs above it (also not on Kirivans YouTube video, but don't need removal), where some item is fitted and slots down into the three lugs. The other two lugs on left that do need removal could be for any number of options, if I had to guess something to do with adjacent locking mechanism.

Airfix

Screenshot_20200928-170802.png

No worries,
One other tip I read elsewhere on the Forum. Use the Kirivans clips, but only push the three centre ones home when you are sure the door store is not coming off again (for foreseeable ) They are hard to push home, but even harder to get out and will probably be destroyed in process.
Airfix

What sort of quality are these ?, is there any other ideas seen Reimo do a similar one and is there an option to fit on non sliding door panel too.

Back