Kiravan Swivel Catching On Handbrake.

Has anyone cut the side of the seat trim to enable the seat to be lowered down over the release lever?
I’m tempted to cut a notch in mine !

Yes I have cut a notch. I did it carefully and kept testing the seat and was surprised how much lower the seat now goes. I’ve not measured but guess the notch is approx 15mm deep. At first I tried a dremmel but found a new blade in the Stanley Knife was easier and cleaner.

Yes I have cut a notch. I did it carefully and kept testing the seat and was surprised how much lower the seat now goes. I’ve not measured but guess the notch is approx 15mm deep. At first I tried a dremmel but found a new blade in the Stanley Knife was easier and cleaner.

well done , did you do a long notch so you have forward and back adjustment when lowered ?

I cut the total length of the plastic sides of the seats off. If you do it neatly you don't see that it's not supposed to be shorter on the bottom ;-)

Sorry, just noticed that it's just the plastic that is catching on the handbrake...

I have some Sportscraft swivels and the plastic was catching on the swivels themselves when the seat was lowered. Handbrake I had it lowered as low as possible. (drill off the block (spot welds, might need some wrenching) and weld it back on. After this I cut the plastic of the cover back, and voila, original look again.

The plastic of the seats I cut back until just under the adjusting dials.

Greetz

Jan

IMG_5410.jpg

Back