Kind Of A Ticking Chain Noise.

So, if the timing is set wrong IT will only be worse during regen? Maybe I shall send a report or at least borrow another t6 to compare

It's not like timing a traditional fuel pump, these run off sensors so it is highly unlikely your injection timing will be wrong. My Euro 5 sounds like it's pinking under load whilst doing a regen (it's not pinking, it's just the injection timing change (an additional injection) to get the exhaust temperature up)

Yes, foot off and its no rattling
Seems that we are in same boat. I have driven now about 35.000 km so that's also matching with what you mentioned in Rattling / clattering / pinging when accelerating

Did you have chance to check with VW what they think about timing belt and tensioner? The service bulletin applies to early EU6 engines but I do not have details when it was fixed at factory. Definitely engines built in years 2015-16 are the suspects. Mine was built in Nov-2015.

Have not checked yet, but will do. Mine was built march 2016. 29000km on the clock now

Reactions: mmi
No, it’s still there seems to be in lower gear and mainly when it’s cold
Thanks for the update. Was your van one of those mentioned in service bulletin about timing belt and tensioner? Do you know how the squeaking noise issue (in the other thread) was resolved?

The hydraulic tappets were an issue on a van (not mine) up here (at about 40000km). As @Mooncat mentioned about symptom also on this van had tapping noise on idle when engine was started cold (+5..+15C). It was cured by replacing all of them. A few of them were found to be defective, no visible signs of wear or tear though.

Actually the VW garage had had the van quite a few times under their investigations before they were able to duplicate the problem at their premises. The difficulty was that the tapping noise lasted only less than about a minute after starting the engine and on idle. Then the noise was gone for the rest of the day or two. Certainly the owner did his share by narrowing down the conditions when the noise existed.

I will look into this....the squeaking noise was resolved via the service bulletin call back.....they did it within the hour while I waited... I thought it might cure the ‘ticking noise’ but it’s still there :-(
Did the ‘tappets Get resolved under warranty?

I will look into this....the squeaking noise was resolved via the service bulletin call back.....they did it within the hour while I waited... I thought it might cure the ‘ticking noise’ but it’s still there :-(
Did the ‘tappets Get resolved under warranty?
Yes, it was a warranty job.

Back