Keyring anyone?

I happen to have a laser cutter and I've been thinking about making some keyrings. Hopefully at some point I'll design and cut a few and post on here, see what you think.
I really want a laser cutter....
I don't know what I would do with it mind you...

But, it's just one of those things a man should have in his shed...

I lusted over a vinyl cutter for many years and never got one but this has been superseded by thoughts of a laser cutter :)

I must admit there's something special about watching a beam of light cut its way through a sheet of plywood, very satisfying!

The problem I've found is it's almost too versatile. I keep trying different things and then moving on to something else, wooden bowls, leather bracelets, wooden awards, the leather for the bike leathers as worn by Rebecca Ferguson (Actress) in Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, and whole bunch of other stuff!

I bought it as an addition to the business, but it's not as easy as they tell you to make money with it, good job it's not my main source of income!

Still, glad I have it and who knows one day it may even pay its way!

I must admit there's something special about watching a beam of light cut its way through a sheet of plywood, very satisfying!

The problem I've found is it's almost too versatile. I keep trying different things and then moving on to something else, wooden bowls, leather bracelets, wooden awards, the leather for the bike leathers as worn by Rebecca Ferguson (Actress) in Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, and whole bunch of other stuff!

I bought it as an addition to the business, but it's not as easy as they tell you to make money with it, good job it's not my main source of income!

Still, glad I have it and who knows one day it may even pay its way!

Better start on some forum keyrings fella.... there could be a queue forming

I really want a laser cutter....
I don't know what I would do with it mind you...

But, it's just one of those things a man should have in his shed...

I lusted over a vinyl cutter for many years and never got one but this has been superseded by thoughts of a laser cutter :)

3d Printer appeals to me, almost justified one to myself but then i decided to wait until they're better at stronger materials without spending £00000's :sneaky:

I looked at 3D printers but I think at the moment they're way too slow to be used realistically in a commercial environment unless you have a load of money to buy a high-end one!

Back