Anyone into Driving Racing Simulators / Simulator Rigs?

t6blo

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Looking to build/buy a simulator rig for driving/racing games. Anyone got one or got any tips on where to start?

Fancy abit of trucking or farming or racing.

I've got a Fanatec wheel and pedal set coupled with a playseat and VR headset, mainly play Gran Turismo

I've got a Fanatec wheel and pedal set coupled with a playseat and VR headset, mainly play Gran Turismo
Nice.

Just bought myself a cheap Logitech wheel, pedals and shifter to see if I like it. Got Euro Truck, American Truck, Farming Sim, Assetto Corsa and Forza Motorsport to try - just on a single monitor and an office chair.

Will go down the rabbit hole of rig, seat, monitors and better wheel etc if I get on with it.

Nice.

Just bought myself a cheap Logitech wheel, pedals and shifter to see if I like it. Got Euro Truck, American Truck, Farming Sim, Assetto Corsa and Forza Motorsport to try - just on a single monitor and an office chair.

Will go down the rabbit hole of rig, seat, monitors and better wheel etc if I get on with it.
Hmm, I can see your retirement being pushed back another few years here! :speechless:

Nice.

Can be an expense hobby. Things are certainly cheaper for direct drive wheels now than when I had a play about a few years back. Couldn't afford the upgrade from the basic logic tech wheel so gave it up. Do still watch the YouTube racing videos and one day may start up again. Good luck.

I have fanatec dd1 and clubsport pedals. I use HP g2 VR instead of a monitor. Immersion is very good and keeps the rig to a small platform. I built my rig myself using a seat from a scirocco.
I use iRacing 99% of the time. It's great being able to race in safety on almost any track in the world while family are asleep at night.

IMG_20210928_172317.jpg

I have fanatec dd1 and clubsport pedals. I use HP g2 VR instead of a monitor. Immersion is very good and keeps the rig to a small platform. I built my rig myself using a seat from a scirocco.
I use iRacing 99% of the time. It's great being able to race in safety on almost any track in the world while family are asleep at night.

View attachment 234473
Been looking at DIY rigs using car seats :thumbsup:

Got my lad Gran Turismo & the PSVR2 for Xmas. It’s actually unbelievable how much more immersive it is in VR.

Still need to get him the steering wheel & pedal set up sorted though, which will really take it up another notch I think.

I’ve picked up a Fanatec CSL DD with the 8NM kit as well as a CSL Elite V2 Peddles and love it I only have it on the new play seat but I still absolutely love it! ACC on xbox for now, but I’d like to move to iRacing one day…

Just purchased…

Audi TT SLine front seat
3x 27” 1440p monitors
Stream Deck XL for the button box

Am building myself a sim rig initially out of wood to work out the design.

Nice! I think I’d end up living in the Van if I went down that route! I already get grief for the playseat!

In Euro Truck Sim 2 I am getting around 50-60fps at 7680x1440 with graphics mods and settings on Ultra - for a slower paced driving sim it looks great and runs fine.

The monitors are currently just sat on my garage bench so not in exactly the right place compared to my seat and wheel but the FOV is great and pretty realistic.

IMG_2128.jpeg

Forza Motorsport struggles on max settings and 45fps is not totally ideal for a fast racing sim. Getting about 55fps on Asseto Corsa using some custom graphics mods.

Got a triple monitor stand coming next week and now looking at 8040 aluminium rigs but will likely need a better graphics card too :whistle:

Another day, the end of another hobby.

Will be selling my wheel, monitors and returning the monitor stand when it arrives. I quite like the stream deck so will probably find a use for it and might make a seat out of the Audi seat

Back