Just let the VW go!

480bhp

204 DSG SWB T6
T6 Pro
After a brief love affair with the VW it's had to go, WHY!!!!

The colour only looked good when clean, otherwise it looked dull and bland.
It just wasn't quick enough without waiting for the engine to wake up and join in.
The battery kept running out of charge daily.
The exhaust note was artificial and gave no sense of occasion when pushed on a bit.
The rear space was limited and not big enough for our needs any longer.

Having said that the following was great:

Led lights
Adaptive cruise control

Overall i'm not sorry too see it go, its replacement is the better vehicle, and the sound from the 6 cylinders is far more pleasing, plus the interior does seem more modern even if its not.

Oh i'm not talking about the T6! how could you think such things o_O
The GTE has made way for a M140i :D

Should have gone old skool Jap. Never seen any appeal to the mainstream german pap mobiles. T6 not included. Saying that the M140i does look spiffing.

After a brief love affair with the VW it's had to go, WHY!!!!

The colour only looked good when clean, otherwise it looked dull and bland.
It just wasn't quick enough without waiting for the engine to wake up and join in.
The battery kept running out of charge daily.
The exhaust note was artificial and gave no sense of occasion when pushed on a bit.
The rear space was limited and not big enough for our needs any longer.

Having said that the following was great:

Led lights
Adaptive cruise control

Overall i'm not sorry too see it go, its replacement is the better vehicle, and the sound from the 6 cylinders is far more pleasing, plus the interior does seem more modern even if its not.

Oh i'm not talking about the T6! how could you think such things o_O
The GTE has made way for a M140i :D
Nice!
Had our very similar M135i just over three years and still love it.
Might replace it with an M140i eventually. Both are the last of the six pot RWD hatchbacks.

Yeah they'll all be 4 pots from 2018 :( I was sure they'd retain the B58 engine for use in some of the bigger cars but maybe not, looks like the 1 and 2 series will be 4 pots only and maybe the 3 and 4 too.

It was choice for me between the M140i or the 440i but after a bit of digging the 440i was just excessive for my use (3k per year) the M140i come in under 40k whereas the 440i was high 40's the extra RFL for the 1st 5 years on the 440i tipped it in favour of the M140i.

The deals at BMW seem to good to be true, give or take 1k on the deposit, my M140i is only costing £44 per month more than the wife 118i sport :D

Ratty, the Cap cars aren't for me, i've never really taken to them although was almost swayed by the GTR a few years back, 12 years ago i put a honda S2000 engine in a kit car, that was a nice engine, sounded mental when hitting 9k with no sound proofing whatsoever :)

@480bhp ; I only buy outright but was offered £8k off RRP. But then they offered my about ten quid for my M135i!

I'll hang on for a bit; about to get it fully machine polished and tidied up a bit.

You'll love it; they sound great, handle really well and go like a scalded cat. While still being fairly practical and comfortable!

I've always bought outright too, but the numbers for a cash purchase were just not good enough, so i'll let BMW take the hit instead of my bank balance :)
Worst case is i buy it at 4 years old and more or less pay the same as i would've for cash from new when taking the deposit and payments in to account. :thumbsup:

Yeah not sure where there figures come from, it was just under 37k with all options and if i pay the complete amount (including Ballon) i'll pay back less than 30k including all interest, the dealer contributions are great, win win :D

Be interesting to see where the values are at 4 years old, it looks like the M135i are fetching around 18k (Trade in will be a lot less) but will they sure up further when BMW drop the 6 pot next year!

I am under no illusions but there's a chance values could rise eventually; I am fairly certain our Cali has gone up in value due to crazy waiting lists AND two big price rises since we got ours (and we got a heck of a discount).

Very nice and good choice if I may say so.
Although - I will be trying to convince Mrs Chopman that she really wants a Golf GTi when it's time to replace her Mini Countryman...

Back