Juddering & fan cuts in

Tarp

hi folks

So we have had our new T6 150 manual highline for a week now and have noticed two problems

Juddering when cruising along
The fan coming on after a short journey example just after popping to the shop on the way to work

Thanks in advance

hi folks

So we have had our new T6 150 manual highline for a week now and have noticed two problems

Juddering when cruising along
The fan coming on after a short journey example just after popping to the shop on the way to work

Thanks in advance
I have this also and I believe @mopardave also has these symptoms. It sounds as if there is a definite issue here.
It is a 150 manual I have too.
I think the fan issue might be unrelated to the 'juddering' though.

When new my fan came on a lot too, noticeable as it's also very loud when you park up and leave vehicle. It settled down after a few months and seems quite normal now.

The fan may cut in and keep running due to van doing a regen. Car does it as well when turned off and sounds like a plane waiting to take off

Cheers Caravellet6 - we did wonder if it was down to being new. First time we have bought brand new

Just the juddering to try and cure

With my van, the juddering mostly happens in 4th gear and sometimes 5th when sitting around 40/50mph. I keep expecting a light on the dash to come on when it happens, but so far nothing.

Can be really quite noticeable, like a misfire almost.

Re. the juddering, is anyone else experiencing this? Was pretty bad yesterday on way home from work. Was juddering/kangarooing so bad at 40/50mph the I could see the gear lever moving. No lights coming on the dash though. Seems almost like a fuelling issue or turbo coming on and off boost in quick succession- really strange.

Going to book into dealers and ask them to investigate.

Well on monitoring it always happens to us when the van thinks you should change gear (the guidance bit in top right hand corner of dash) mainly between 4-5th if you have been in that gear a while. We had the AA out and he said if it gets worse to get it booked in at the dealer its just getting it there as its a day away from work for us! let us know how you get on

Reactions: CRD
Well on monitoring it always happens to us when the van thinks you should change gear (the guidance bit in top right hand corner of dash) mainly between 4-5th if you have been in that gear a while. We had the AA out and he said if it gets worse to get it booked in at the dealer its just getting it there as its a day away from work for us! let us know how you get on
Oh, that's interesting, I'll keep an eye on that. I wonder if by disabling the gear indication (if possible through VCDS) would help?

Van is booked in for investigation a week on Friday coming. Today it exhibited a new strange behaviour- stopped at traffic lights, no s/s activated and began to idle really roughly. Engine was cold and tacho was showing just under 1k mark. Starting to annoy me a bit now, hope the investigation uncovers something and not just told 'couldn't find anything wrong mate'

Van is booked in for investigation a week on Friday coming. Today it exhibited a new strange behaviour- stopped at traffic lights, no s/s activated and began to idle really roughly. Engine was cold and tacho was showing just under 1k mark. Starting to annoy me a bit now, hope the investigation uncovers something and not just told 'couldn't find anything wrong mate'

I have the same issue ones the car was cold. I thought it comes from the empty battery because i was left inner light on thought the night....

I thought mine had gone.....but the other day, it did it again......in 4th of course. I found that increasing the revs sorted it. It's a real mystery......doesn't do it all the time. I wonder is it telling me I'm clogging it up with smuts or something? Is the answer to give it an Italian tune up from time to time? Mine normally doesn't do trips less than 10 or 20 miles but I have found myself challenging the fuel computer which obviously means low revs......might have to rethink my driving "profile"?

If I only make a short round town journey, the fan overruns nearly every time and occasionally smells really hot. It's amazing how loud the fan is!
Mine has been doing this over the last few days. Last night it did it after a 2 1/2 hr non stop run, temperature fine. Then this morning a short run (10mins) and did it. Then this evening after a 15 minute run the fan was on again. As others said, just like a plane taking off. It's a bit embarrassing if this is how it's meant to be??

Hi all, i have a 150 Highline, and experienced this juddering. About a mile into the jouney- although the engine wouldnt have been stone cold to start with. I was doing exactly 40mph in 4th. In fact i put it on cruise, and it carried on doing it until i had to slow down. Couldnt get it to do it again though.

There's no rhyme or reason to it......except, it always seems to happen in 4th but occurs at random. I did think it was a fueling issue but now I'm thinking dpf regeneration?????????? Just my thoughts for what they're worth?????????????

If its an inbuilt design flaw, rather than a faulty component, hopefully VW will find a fix pretty quickly. Mind, on my previous T5's, a fix for a steering clonk problem was a few years coming, so maybe not..

Back