JCB offer Vw invoice + £1

Radorik

Has anyone taken jcb up on their offer of getting the van you want for what they pay Vw +£1? Finishes Friday 15th January 2017.

http://www.thejcbgroup.co.uk/offers/all-brands-event/

Face of it seems very good offer, no markup on Vw price except a pound.

Im interested in whether anyone has seen a Vw invoice as yet? I'm waiting to complete but there seems to be a problem with seeing the Vw invoice as per the offer.

On a slightly different tack, what discount have people managed off brochure prices during normal trade?

Cheers.

I guess that they would like you to think that they are making £1 on a new vehicle. That wont happen. They will be less keen for you to know about a chunky rebate they will get for each vehicle registered, or whatever scheme they use.
The usual way of buying is by knowing what percentage discount you are getting- nothing simpler than that, and instantly comparable with competitors.

So what discount rates have people managed off the brochure prices so far?

One dealer told me none.
One dealer told me 8% + registration etc
One dealer told me 10.5% + registration etc

None have given the VW invoice as stated in their offer literature, slightly frustrated as there are apparently 'no catches'....

Are those rates good or bad? This is independent of finance, full payment to them.

8.5% seems to be around the standard offered. Aim for 10% and anything above this is good
Around 12% seems to be the max but not many will offer it !

Thanks to a factory build error in my favour, I got 12% off our California. Before that it was 8%.

Last edited:
I managed 10.5% discount on van and options plus a further £500 off from vw finance

So I take it nobody has managed to get this invoice +£1 honoured then? I ask to see a VW invoice and everything goes quiet.

"There really are no exceptions to this offer, no caveats, no terms and conditions. What's even better is it's also on top of current brand offers, which include low rate finance, deposit contributions and complimentary service packages. Simply purchase the vehicle and we'll show you all the paperwork relating to your deal to ensure you're comfortable with it. Including how much you're saving off MRRP and our Manufacturer Invoice."

I hate being mugged off!

By the sounds then, if I get 10% that's about right. No finance from them, sell my lease hire private, settle finance, job done. Why is there no real competition to VW vans, Merc please improve the interior...

I got 11% plus £1000 loyalty bonus and £500 reg bonus .

Good stuff, sounding more like it. Going to drop in a few dealers tomorrow with a wedge of cash to show intent.

Managed to get over 20% off mine going thro a broker. Most I could get from VW was shade over 10%. I'm well impressed at the service, after getting no interest form the main line dealers.

Kev

Interesting, just emailed them with the list of extras I want, see what happens. Worth putting all the money of credit card then paying over for protection? All safe?

I got 20% off buying through a van leasing company. You don't own the van for 12 months but I could spec it however I liked. It's not advertised as it's a bit naughty and VW don't like it (in fact I was told not to tell anyone about it!) but most of them do it, just look up a company near you and ask them.

One way to get to see the invoice, is to threaten them with trading standards, as if it says you get to see a copy or have a copy, then they are in breach of advertising, as you have a right to check what you are being charged for:thumbsup:. Another way is to complain about the sharp practise to VW. Believe me, if you stand up for you rights you do get results. :whistle:

I have contacted another dealer over the weekend, I'll say what you suggest if I get problems yet again.

The two dealers local to me now won't sell me a van at any price. I asked the 2nd dealer to price the van I spec'd (no help from the 1st dealer in the end, 2nd had offered if I have problems), but what I didn't know was the salesmen aren't allowed to price directly, rather go through one common person, who happens to deal with both branches, and maybe the 3rd I'm going to try tomorrow but waiting to find out...

Now the 1st ones got the hump for apparently wasting his time (won't go into how much time I've wasted trying to spend £40k and finding out what I can actually have via this forum rather than their patchy product knowledge (thanks all for your help)) and stopped the other one talking to me. Had to catch the salesman in person to get this explained, wouldn't return calls. Regardless of what they think of me, not very professional really.

I never had one person to talk to, minimum two but then asking a 3rd to price it as time was of the essence (Vat quarter and this offer I found out about) broke the camels back. Last time round I had only one salesman contact which was quicker, although not a great deal as it turns out.

Another thread going but emailed a broker Friday evening, Saturday morning professional looking quote back, prices right to book (not the case with dealer quotes), very good discount. I expected the service to be the other way round. One last try at a dealer tomorrow, if not only option I have is broker.

Blimey @Radorik !

TBH it sounds like they are Just trying to package up a deal to make it sound a bargain; finance and lease companies are masters at this.

Just shop around and find the best deal; doesn't matter how it's packaged, just look at RRP vs their price. Anything less than 10% off, walk away.

Back