Happy New Car Ltd

• Thread starter Deleted member 224
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 224

Was initially wary of using these guys but was pleasantly surprised at their professionalism and knowledge and made a huge saving compared to my local dealer. Van arrived today, no problems whatsoever. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about them or the process I went through....If you are in the market for a new van definitely worth giving dropping these guys a line. I have a direct contact I can put you in touch with who was very helpful indeed throughout the entire process.

VW got pressurised by the dealers to do something as the discounts Happy New Car where offering hurt them and lost sales. VW went and canceled all of the orders hurting the end user too and forced them to rejoin the order process at the back of the que.

Ouch ! So much for a free market economy. Sorry, cynicism has slipped again. Big business interests rule, because they can.

VW got pressurised by the dealers to do something as the discounts Happy New Car where offering hurt them and lost sales. VW went and canceled all of the orders hurting the end user too and forced them to rejoin the order process at the back of the que.

Just to elaborate on this on this a bit

Earlier on last year brokers were offering discounts that main dealers 'couldnt' compete with (circa 20 - 30%) and dealers felt they were losing out on sales to brokers selling cheap.
It would seem that some brokers were buying vehicles as hire vehicles and/or under fleet discounts etc etc these vehicles are sold by VW at a different discount rate as they are not intended for sale to general public customers or some setup along this line.
VW UK got wind of this and eventually cancelled broker orders in the UK, this meant that anybody that had ordered a new T6 from one of the affected brokers in turn had their order cancelled meaning some people who had already been waiting for weeks/months went back to the start of the order process many being forced to go back to main dealers to reorder at a higher price (which is what i think VW wanted)

These orders were then placed before the factory 1 month shutdown (August 2016) for the changeover from EU5 to EU6, this meant some customers who lost months on broker orders then had extra long waits on dealer orders
To my knowledge Happy New Car were one of the brokers involved in this incident, whether or not they acted in a manner unbecoming i cannot say as i do not know the details of what exactly happened but there were a lot of angry customer miffed at having orders cancelled but i cant help but feel these customers took a slight risk to buy at an 'extra discounted level' and save a few pound.

As mentioned above 'money' and 'big business' does indeed rule so these companies are now selling vans again and at a better discount than VW main dealers can or are willing to offer, the question here i think is are they selling them at an approriate discount within the T&Cs of VW supply chain ?

If not then it is feasable (although personally i think unlikely) that VW would cancel orders again !

Its worth noting that many businesses, like conversion companies, did not have their orders cancelled as they were fulfilling customer orders through the appropriate ordering channels

Last edited:
Good summary @Pauly. As one of those (Un)Happy New Van/Car customers who got stung in the process just to add....

My understanding is that there were a number of these brokers who simply got greedy and were putting too many orders through the system. VW HO did a sample internal audit on the channels these brokers were using and cancelled their orders. At the time my order was cancelled, I spoke to a couple of other brokers who hadn't had there orders cancelled who told me the above and knew that VW would act on it if they saw too many orders coming in this way so they continued to play the game safely limiting their order flow. I guess cancelling the brokers orders with excessive volume was VWs way of slapping their wrists. But I don't think it was all broker orders that were cancelled.

Just looking back at my figures, at the time I'd secured 19% broker discount saving me nearly £6k off my van. @Pauly is right, I knew I was taking a risk going with a broker (never used one before), but was happy to go with it for the discount. In the end I ordered through the dealer network. Safe and secure and by being up front on what had happened with the dealer about the broker and the broker discount I had got they did their absolute best to match the deal which ended up with me getting 17% off at a dealer which might be a record!!!???

I guess you pays your money, you takes your choices!!

@Pauly and @Walski I'm guessing that for any warranty work it would be the dealer network picking up the workload with none of the sales profit which would make any business unhappy, especially as the brokers need only an office and telephone at minimall overhead costs thus allowing the higher discounts.

Yeah but I think the model works by still putting the volume through the dealers so one way or another the dealers get the numbers

We were offered 11% off list, then got lucky with a cancelled order, wanted Blackberry but our dealer offered us Oryx white van, got in 2 weeks, lots of extras, working our buy compared to list price was 18% discount, the dealer had pricing support direct from VW, they just wanted it shifted as it was a 4motion Caravelle, probably not the easiest model to sell.

I didn't realise brokers existed for vans, just had a very prompt reply and looks good. Has anyone had trouble with then at all other than VW delaying orders a while back. Been messed around by the main dealer and very tempted to go with this lot, seems professional as Steve says.

I live just down the road from their offices. Visited and spoke to Simon and Katrina placed a deposit there and then. They were very patient and helpful despite my many questions and numerous calls adding extras.
Due delivery on Thursday I will keep you all posted.

Good to know the above previous issues. I can only speak from my personal experience that all seemed ok and above board and I now have the van which was delivered sooner than anticipated. Maybe they are working under stricter guidelines and lower discount levels so as not to get caught out and cancelled orders etc. Think I got around 15% or so which saved me around £5k and was able to then afford lots of little extras. Certainly nowhere around the 20% mark was offered, but way better than the 11% offered by the dealer...

Good to see they might have sorted their shit out...... good luck, keep us updated

I have a new T6 on order with Happy New Car. They weren't the cheapest broker quote I had but I was impressed with their professionalism.

Back