Jackery Solar Generator

Here endeth the scam. :D:D. Shows as delivered asked the Post Office where it is. That tracking code is a completely different postcode.

So they send you a tracking number, it is a genuine code, it goes via the system, takes weeks but it is not delivered to your post code ;) cos it whatever it is is delivered to someone who had ordered something:slow rofl:. By the time the scam is detected they are long gone with the dough. Wonder how much he actually made?

Scrotes :rolleyes: but TBH genius way to make money. Hope PayPal get their money back!:p:uh run:

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 14.59.56.png

I'm tempted by the Jackery 500 as they seem to have very good reviews all over he place. My roof mounted 160W solar panel is currently hard wired to a Ctek 250SA which is then charging my 110Ah leisure battery. My simple brain says that it would be an easy task to fit connectors which allowed me to simply disconnect the solar panel from the Ctek and then plug it into a Jackery if I bought one (I understand that they have a built in MPPT but cannot find any specs for it). Or am I being too simplistic? This would have the advantage of not having to buy or travel with an additional solar panel but the disadvantage of not being able to reposition it for an optimum charge. Any advice for an idiot please?
Pretty much my set-up now. Working nicely

I'm tempted by the Jackery 500 as they seem to have very good reviews all over he place. My roof mounted 160W solar panel is currently hard wired to a Ctek 250SA which is then charging my 110Ah leisure battery. My simple brain says that it would be an easy task to fit connectors which allowed me to simply disconnect the solar panel from the Ctek and then plug it into a Jackery if I bought one (I understand that they have a built in MPPT but cannot find any specs for it). Or am I being too simplistic? This would have the advantage of not having to buy or travel with an additional solar panel but the disadvantage of not being able to reposition it for an optimum charge. Any advice for an idiot please?
Having been using mine for a month with lots of sun the Jackery does take an age to charge. 7.5 hours for the 1000w from empty at 145w on mains. My 120w Solar peaked at 101w but the panel got really hot and averages at 85w-90w.

So although the built in ability to charge from solar is brill it takes time. I was thinking of putting a connector lead on my existing Victron MPPT in the van and connecting the external panel if needed to double the van capacity.

However the Jackery pumps out a healthy 110w -120w via my EHU if I need it too in an emergency. If I connect the external panel to the Jackery @ 85w that’ll see me through with a max net draw of up to 60w.

Very inefficient but it does work.

Last edited:
Here endeth the scam. :D:D. Shows as delivered asked the Post Office where it is. That tracking code is a completely different postcode.

So they send you a tracking number, it is a genuine code, it goes via the system, takes weeks but it is not delivered to your post code ;) cos it whatever it is is delivered to someone who had ordered something:slow rofl:. By the time the scam is detected they are long gone with the dough. Wonder how much he actually made?

Scrotes :rolleyes: but TBH genius way to make money. Hope PayPal get their money back!:p:uh run:

View attachment 142373
Just to close this off. I found who they delivered it to. A guy about 200m from me they changed my postcode from 7SA to 6SA. He received an empty envelope. We did have a good laugh about it ;)

Back