Its All About The Sound!

Rabbit

T6 Pro
My pride and joy :)
Probably think I'm mad :rolleyes: but it was worth every penny to me :cool:
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

Last edited:
I cant take credit for doing the work though, as its way way above my pay grade. That honour goes to R.A.M. Mobile. CD player in the cubbyhole has worked out even better than I hoped, easy to reach and makes use of an otherwise useless space to me. Just need to save up again for a sub now and its all sorted.

Last edited:
Impressed! You obviously have bulkhead. How is the road noise level in cabin now or is the sound deadening just to improve sound quality in the cabin?

Impressed! You obviously have bulkhead. How is the road noise level in cabin now or is the sound deadening just to improve sound quality in the cabin?
It does both.

It’s main purpose is to stops things rattling and firm up surfaces so as energy isn’t being lost that way from the speakers (speakers should move air not metal fixing parts etc).

But it has the added bonus of reducing the noise levels in the vehicle so as you can hear fine details that would otherwise be lost by road noise.

The cab is noticeably quieter in short! Sound proofing is THE most important thing regardless on the level of equipment. The only bit that wasn’t done was the full floor, still very happy with the improvement in noise levels

Reactions: mmi
It does both.

It’s main purpose is to stops things rattling and firm up surfaces so as energy isn’t being lost that way from the speakers (speakers should move air not metal fixing parts etc).

But it has the added bonus of reducing the noise levels in the vehicle so as you can hear fine details that would otherwise be lost by road noise.

The cab is noticeably quieter in short! Sound proofing is THE most important thing regardless on the level of equipment. The only bit that wasn’t done was the full floor, still very happy with the improvement in noise levels
Thanks. Good to hear that the noise can be reduced relatively easily. Seems the way to go for me, too.

Thanks. Good to hear that the noise can be reduced relatively easily. Seems the way to go for me, too.
If you can then do the floor as well, the floor rubber/foam matting gives some insulation, but it can always be better!

The main one to do is the bulkhead to stop all the noise from the back, then the doors and floor if you can and finally the roof. Doing the floor though is a major job. I don't know if you are still on stock speakers or not, but even if you are you will notice the improvement in sound quality as the door are made out of the thinnest metal going and the noise from the back cancels a lot of sounds out.

Edit
The downside is that it's not cheap stuff, plus side is that if you are prepared to strip the cab/doors etc it's a piece of p*ss to fit as it just sticks on and then roller over to press down.

I wouldn't bother doing the floor, I went mad on my T5, covering every bit of it with silentcoat and closed cell foam. Was an absolute ballache getting the carpet back down and didn't make a scrap of difference. The doors are the most important bit, that really does help a lot.

I wouldn't bother doing the floor, I went mad on my T5, covering every bit of it with silentcoat and closed cell foam. Was an absolute ballache getting the carpet back down and didn't make a scrap of difference. The doors are the most important bit, that really does help a lot.
Good to know, part of me regrets not doing the floor so that helps a lot

Back