Issue with ACC and lowering?

amdowney

T6 TSI Manual Kombi Highline LWB
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have read on another forum and here a point that needs further clarification perhaps:

"
IT'S OFFICIAL... SHOCKER!

You can't fit any kind of lowering springs to T6 fitted with DCC or ACC... a double whammy if you have both.

The kind people at VW Nutzfahrzeuge emailed us in detail, to confirm.

If you have already taken the leap, had your T lowered, reverse it if possible... VW UK will have to do this FOC, if they fitted it."

DUBTVANS - NEWS, OUR VIEWS & RUMOURS

Is this confirmed? I guess if you had air you could set to OEM right height for cruising...

I have read on another forum and here a point that needs further clarification perhaps:

"
IT'S OFFICIAL... SHOCKER!

You can't fit any kind of lowering springs to T6 fitted with DCC or ACC... a double whammy if you have both.

The kind people at VW Nutzfahrzeuge emailed us in detail, to confirm.

If you have already taken the leap, had your T lowered, reverse it if possible... VW UK will have to do this FOC, if they fitted it."

DUBTVANS - NEWS, OUR VIEWS & RUMOURS

Is this confirmed? I guess if you had air you could set to OEM right height for cruising...
I've got ACC and the dealer lowered it by 30mm. Not had any problems with it and I use it all the time. One of the best options I selected, make for a much more relaxing drive.

Will be watching this with interest. Lowered mine by 40mm, everything still seems to work OK. Could be a good job I kept the original springs!

Had ACC and air on my Touareg, worked fine. You can get the dealer to realign it.

Hmmm. I've just bought a Generation Six with DCC and was wondering if it could still be lowered... looks like some of you guys may have already achieved that

Many people have done it including stuff done by main dealers but then there is this info quoted as coing form direct from Germany advising against it so it seems slightly mixed messages
You could always try emailing your dealer and ask if its ok and if they write back saying its all good you have a bit of a fallback ?

Yep definitely well worth looking in to! Thank you. I'll post the reply when the time comes, many thanks.

Well pleased I've found this forum, first time I've had a T and loving it so far

Just be careful with the acronyms. VW, for god only knows what reason used ACC = Automatic/Adaptive Chassis Control, when really its was DCC = Dynamic Chassis Control. So it got total confused with ACC = Automatic/Adaptive Cruise Control. So during the 2016MY there was a lot of confusion.

I cannot see any reason by ACC should be a problem; and if you google "Golf DCC" you will see loads of Golf boys who have lowered with DCC, and had no problems what so ever.

Last edited:
Just be careful with the acronyms. VW, for god only knows what reason used ACC = Automatic Chassis Control, when really its was DCC = Dynamic Chassis Control. So it got total confused with ACC = Automatic Cruise Control. So during the 2016MY there was a lot of confusion.

I cannot see any reason by ACC should be a problem; and if you google "Golf DCC" you will see loads of Golf boys who have lowered with DCC, and had no problems what so ever.

Thanks Chris,

I must admit I was wondering what the difference was!! Ok so mines got both. (T6 Generation SIX)

I'm going to give it a couple of months for funds and then contact the dealer to set about doing it.

Many thanks for the input

Thanks Chris,

I must admit I was wondering what the difference was!! Ok so mines got both. (T6 Generation SIX)

I'm going to give it a couple of months for funds and then contact the dealer to set about doing it.

Many thanks for the input

I have both ACC and DCC, but as soon as I got the Vel I fitted 25mm wheels spacers, and slightly larger tyres from 235/55/17 to 235/60/17 because It looked so under rubbered. It made a massive difference to the stance of the vehicle; plus I got the tyres of my choice.

I must the handling and drive comfort with dcc is superb. I notice nearly all premium cars now offer this option. I guess it will be offered across the T6 range eventually, and not just Vels.

I guess you've got 255/45/18 tyres?

I have both ACC and DCC, but as soon as I got the Vel I fitted 25mm wheels spacers, and slightly larger tyres from 235/55/17 to 235/60/17 because It looked so under rubbered. It made a massive difference to the stance of the vehicle; plus I got the tyres of my choice.

I must the handling and drive comfort with dcc is superb. I notice nearly all premium cars now offer this option. I guess it will be offered across the T6 range eventually, and not just Vels.

Yes that's my tyre size.

Went in to VW today and asked about suspension, they are getting back to me tomorrow.

We are really happy with it all, drives so well.... just like it to sit lower and I must admit I'm tempted by some 20"+ alloys. Also got my eye on the new T6 side bars, slightly squarer looking, but may well wait till someone copies them as I'm sure VW ones will be outrageously expensive!

The wheel spacers.... do they just make the wheels stick out a bit further???

Im new to all this so it's a learning curve!!!!

The wheel spacers.... do they just make the wheels stick out a bit further???

Im new to all this so it's a learning curve!!!!
Yep, pushes a 235 tyre out to the same outer line as a 275 tyre (on a similar off set wheel). Some people fit them when they have got a rubbing problem against the inner wheel arch lining due to a suspension drop or wider tyres.
On a 235 tyre on standard VW off set's you can fit a 40mm spacer on each rear wheel; and a 25mm off set on each front wheel, and this pretty much lines the tyre outer edge with the wheel arch eye-brow.
If you buy spacers it is worth going for the german TUV approved such as H&R+(which I have), or Eibach; or similar. There are some horror stories with cheaper and/or non hub-centric types.

Reactions: DC.
Hi how do you if you have acc or dcc I have just brought a panel van t28 and want to buy some lowering springs

DCC- Dynamic Chassis Control only available on Vels/Calis at the moment, so you won't have it. There is a button on the dash with a picture of a shocker.
ACC- Adaptive Cruise Control, is a possible option. You will have a square black radar module under the grill at the front. I think you must have a Multifuction Stearing wheel with extra buttons on the LHS, as I don't think you have the functionality on a stick to control it, but I could be wrong about that???

Back