Is there a Fuel tank drain bung?

Can I ask why ?, if you need to empty without getting to tank sender you can run the pump with vcds and take off the feed to the filter

Can I ask why ?, if you need to empty without getting to tank sender you can run the pump with vcds and take off the feed to the filter
Like a fool i left the fuel cap off after putting fuel in and it was raining and puddles on the A 38 for about 20 miles until i realized and was just concerned if any water got into the tank .
Not actually over worried about it .I just thought if there was a bung i could rack of any ..if any water out .

In the past I have used an additive that used to easily available from most auto stores. It just make the water soluble with the fuel enabling it to just pass through without problem.. It always worked. I much prefer to buy fuel from supermarkets. That is because of the huge turnover and general good quality and clean fuel. Rural or remote fuel stations or garages may have an exceptional poor turnover and build up a large amount of condensation in bunker tanks. I do not recall what the chemical was but I suspect that it may have contained acetone because that makes water and fuel soluble.

Now I have not used this in a most recent vehicle. So I therefore do not know if this is suitable for modern engines and fuel system. perhaps one of the more knowledgable can advise. From what you are saying, I doubt that your tank ingested very much water. That is unless you have travelled a very great distance. I am not sure if these vehicles have a water trap???? Perhaps not. It may be possible that any moisture is trapped by the filter. I should still imagine it would be a miniscule quantity if any.

The AA (Auto mobile Association) will remove the contents of your tank and check over the vehicle. They will charge of course but it would save on any labour removing the tank. They will also know all of the shortcuts of how to bypass the anti theft traps. If your not happy with any of the above, then a trusted garage may help you out and remove the tank and filter. Good luck.

Back