Is My 16"clayton Ok For My Spare ??

Silverfox

T6 Pro
Since upgrading to 20" rims,can someone just confirm that my 16"Clayton will do the job as a spare.
I've just put the relevant details in the online configurator and the results are as follows,

IMG_0736.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

Travelling down to Cornwall next week,so just need piece of mind should the worst happen.
All advice appreciated,cheers.

I'd sooner have a spare wheel thats not quite the same size as the rest, than not one at all. It might not be ideal, but it will get you out the poo and to a tyre shop.
I have a 17" steel as a spare, and run 19" banded wheels.

Yes that Will be fine.

Better to have one than nothing.

The AA use an emergency temp fit wheel for modern motors that have no spare.... that just have tyre foam and an inflator... (chocolate teapot) it's always smaller/thinner than the standard wheel.

Or other motors that have a "space saver" spare wheel that is always smaller/thinner.

Just be sensible, only use it as a means to get out of a situation and have the original replaced asap. Keep the speed down Etc Etc Etc.. common sense stuff.

If you have 4x4 then don’t do it or keep it as short as possible but two wheel drive is ok . If you get a problem on the front and need to do a lot of miles or high speed swop with a rear so it on the back.

If you have 4x4 then don’t do it or keep it as short as possible but two wheel drive is ok . If you get a problem on the front and need to do a lot of miles or high speed swop with a rear so it on the back.

I was thinking about this too, I've got a 4-Mo with 19" wheels, but a 17" spare. I'm sure I read that running an odd sized wheel to the other three could fubar the 4-Mo, I might need to invest in a spare 19" wheel from Ebay?

Back