Iphone Radio App ????

Base1388

Romany - Plumber
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello Peeps

Im thinking about a radio app on my phone !

Just asking if any of you do it ? and recommendations

Thank you please

BBC Sounds has just become carplay enabled a month or so back and works well (for BBC stations) plus the listen again stuff.

Is that the Apple one ?

View attachment 48489
+ 1 for Tunein

Good for music or sports, and I search by language, as I enjoy listening to Spanish / Italian music

Yes it’s the iPhone app. Then at home we use Sonos which as well as playing directly from our NAS drive for music also connects seamlessly with TuneIn.

And as for our music choice, another vote here for Spanish language music.

I noticed Tune In is now subscription - so stuck with the specific app, Global , IPlayer Radio which are free

We use, Spotify, Dezzer, BBC, VDub radio or basically any radio/music source via the Bluetooth link to the radio..

Use the 4G data on the phone, or the 4G hotspot for the tablet for the internet link..... then bluetooth overt to the Radio.

I noticed Tune In is now subscription

Non subscription version of TuneIn is fine for us.

There is usually a short commencement advertisement when listening on the phone, which would therefore apply in the van. I don’t think there are any adverts when we listen to it at home through Sonos.

Thank peeps

These work ok with carplay too ?

Yes, radio player works with car play and you get the app on the screen. I've had it for about two months now and it hasn't dropped out of signal once, whereas the dab in the same areas was hit and miss. Volume is a touch down on the normal radio (just turn it up a bit) but quality is perfect

I just updated TuneIn Radio, it asked if I wanted to pay for subscription, I clicked no.

Job done, back to listening happily

Back