Inverter Noise

Seán Kerr

Do other Cali owners get a noise from their factory fit inverter when they plug something into it?

I’ve had my Cali for a short time and just prepping for my first trips. I will be wild camping nearly all of the time and will need the power inverter mainly for charging my laptop (MacBook powered by USB-C), as it charges it far faster than the cigar lighter socket with a USB-C adapter (2 hours vs 10+ hours). However, my inverter socket makes a fairly loud hum / buzz when I plug a 2 pin plug / cable into it, which is amplified further when I plug my Anker USB / USB-C wall charger, which is silent when plugged into the 3 pin socket on hook up.

I’m aware that many commercially available inverters suffer from noise, generally if they deliberately produce a square wave or perform poorly in producing the intended pure or modified sine wave. I’m just trying to establish if all Cali inverters are noisy or if there’s a problem with mine.

Great find, Loz. Been searching high and low for something like that. Shame it’s so long but not a dealbreaker. Many thanks.
That was just a cursory look, there may be better ones with more power available.

Back