Camper Flooring - what have you?

Diesel9a1

T6 Pro
Van to be used as an all rounder.... muddy dogs, multiple tool boxes, storage box-work in the rear all for my work on the railway, bed on top of the box-work. Then remove all tools to go away camping with the missus.

Can i see what you lot with similar uses of your van, have configured yours please?
I'm not rulling out rnr beds, but currently don't think they're suitable for my use.

Thanks all.

Hi there what type of flooring do you have in your campers? Is it the altro / tarkett non slip type or something else ? Also what colour do you have and what works ? Eg if say you have grey / light blue does it really show up dirty marks easily or do you have darker floor colourway and do you find that is more practical or does it still dry up with muddy marks showing and drying up on the floor after a rainy day ?

We have light blue Altro, which cleans up fine. The only issue I have with Altro is that it can be quite cold underfoot In the winter, and that’s with proper insulation underneath it.

Pete

Black sparkly Altro. With moveable rug for when you want to kick off your shoes, or go barefoot to loo at night.. I carry a hand brush for sweeping out dried grass and mud and a cloth and spray.

A6599C5E-039B-44C2-A5DD-72A29B01CE8A.jpeg

CAF40E83-015A-4423-B841-F6AD430A2D3C.jpeg

Wood Altro for us. So far standing up well.

We had light blue grey Altro in the old van, and it was hard wearing, but a bit industrial for our new look.

69031995-3A75-4985-8E8E-E6BF96FF8FD8.jpeg

We have the light blue/grey Altro and it’s been hard wearing over nearly 3 years. Wipes over easily when it’s muddy on a trip.
Just gave it a deep clean with detergent and a soft scrubbing brush yesterday and it’s come up like new.
We have a small washable doormat to step onto, and to clean out the van on trips I roll that up carpet side outwards and use it as a brush and it is very effective at quickly brushing out the van. Then a quick shake and put it back on the floor.
You have to be inventive as space is at a premium when travelling.

you certainly do , we are already doing our homework for when we get our camper into storage ideas , the blue floor sounds great and practical , what colour kitchen did you choose to go with yours , the mat sound good too, I havent yet been able to find a small one that I can shake out , what is its rough size /.do you recall what make yours is or where you got it from ? thanks so much for the info - happy camping !

you certainly do , we are already doing our homework for when we get our camper into storage ideas , the blue floor sounds great and practical , what colour kitchen did you choose to go with yours , the mat sound good too, I havent yet been able to find a small one that I can shake out , what is its rough size /.do you recall what make yours is or where you got it from ? thanks so much for the info - happy camping !
Our mat is just a rubber backed dunelm thing that can go in the washing machine.
Units are dark grey, striped pine look, although they probably have a much more inviting name.D444F129-D05B-4EEE-959B-A8A1A387B458.jpeg
The colours aren’t great in that pic, but it’s all I’ve got and the wife is at work in the van so can’t take a better pic

Back