Interior Lights Stuck On

ScottD96

I have a problem with the interior lights in my t6, the only way I can turn them off is manually by switching them all to the off position. if I set them to turn on when a door is open they’re stuck on but no door is open and nothing comes up on the dash to say other wise. Could anyone help? Cheers.

Have you removed the battery to reset the bcu?

I haven’t tried that yet I’ll give it a show tomorrow. I recently converted the van and the problem wasn’t there before, do you think it’s possible that if I accidentally damaged a wire above the headliner that could be causing it?

Yes quite possibly.

I recently converted the van and the problem wasn’t there before, do you think it’s possible that if I accidentally damaged a wire above the headliner that could be causing it?

Useful information you could have mentioned in your op.. :rolleyes::rolleyes: ;) :):)

Last edited:
Did you install an override switch for the lights during your conversion? or tap into the lighting?

Did you install an override switch for the lights during your conversion? or tap into the lighting?
No. iv booked it in with vw now. They can find whats wrong with it because I’m baffled. I’ll update when I have more news

Mine did exactly this and did my head in. They even came on on their own when driving. Turned out to be a dodgy sensor on one of the rear sliding doors. Watch out for VW trying to blame retrofit lights if you have them. Insist they check on the VAG Com machine for faults if they try that .

Hi @ScottD96 mines doing this now. Did you find the answer?

Thanks

Matt

Matt - did you get this resolved? I see Scott didn't respond, so hoping you got your issue resolved?

If the switch is to the left - i.e. should come on when doors are opened - the lights are on all the time - regardless of if the button is pressed in or not or you shut the doors (only go off when you lock the van) . All three lights come on, whereas if the switch is to the right the middle light does not come on on this setting.

My van has been converted to a Camper - I don't know the ins and outs of the electrics, but quite possibly this has caused the issue, but then again if other people like yourselves have had the same issue perhaps there is an issue regardless of conversion.

Thanks.

Matt - did you get this resolved? I see Scott didn't respond, so hoping you got your issue resolved?

If the switch is to the left - i.e. should come on when doors are opened - the lights are on all the time - regardless of if the button is pressed in or not or you shut the doors (only go off when you lock the van) . All three lights come on, whereas if the switch is to the right the middle light does not come on on this setting.

My van has been converted to a Camper - I don't know the ins and outs of the electrics, but quite possibly this has caused the issue, but then again if other people like yourselves have had the same issue perhaps there is an issue regardless of conversion.

Thanks.
Hi did you get to the bottom of this as mine is now doing this same thing after the conversion?

No nothing at all , they go off when I lock the doors but when I unlock they come on and don go out at all

Mine done this when I fitted LED bulbs, one bulb was round the wrong way and caused this took them out and refitted one at a time and issue solved

Back