Interior lights blowing fuses

Bill D

Interior lights blowing and sidelights. Fuse blow when fitting with lights off so must be to do with interior lights. Any suggestions would be great

Is this on a standard build or has it had any conversion/ additions made to it which may be connected to that circuit.

on a conversion I don't know what else is connected to it but everything else seems to be working. Worked ok for a few weeks. I put a bulb across fuse and the bulb lights but flickers with ignition and everything off. Fit a fuse and blows straight away.
Show quoted text

Is it just standard interior lights or are your rear lights connected ? I would remove the bulbs and fit new fuse then if fuse is still ok fit the bulbs one by one to narrow your search down circuit wise

Is it just standard interior lights or are your rear lights connected ? I would remove the bulbs and fit new fuse then if fuse is still ok fit the bulbs one by one to narrow your search down circuit wise
I will try anything but fuse blows with no lights on. Interior lights in cab are standard all lights in rear are from control board. I still believe it interior cab light wiring or lamp is at fault

Strange sounds like you have a direct short, have you had anything else added or altered in the cab lately

There is a brown muti plug n/s behind glove box. I disconected it and fuse stopped blowing and side lights working. The loom to this plug comes from interior lights. The interior light witch is held on by 2 screws unlike the T5 is linked somehow to this plug but light works by buttons on it. I think the plug must feed switches or doors. Any ideas or wiring for interior light out there. Fault was no interior lights and no sidelights.

Back