Interior lights blew,changed fuse and disconnected battery.

Ross’st6

Hi I just fitted the v3 headlights from transporter hq. I also bought the interior leds from them. When fitting them it blew the fuse, I have replaced the fuse and still no joy, tried resetting the bcm by disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes, turned back on still no joy! Is there a secondary fuse linked or is there anything else I can try!

Hi, which lights don’t now work, the headlights or the interior lights (or both)?

When mine went nothing, including everything you have done would get them going so in desperation I came in had a cup of tea and amazingly when I went back out and turned on the ignition a couple of times and started the engine they suddenly worked,
Not a clue why and I hope your as lucky.
I do feel for you it’s a nightmare situation.

Reactions: mmi
LEDs need correct polarity (+/- 12V) have you tried to turn them 180 degrees? Do the bulbs work? Have you tried to lock the van for 5 mins and then unlock and open a door?

LEDs need correct polarity (+/- 12V) have you tried to turn them 180 degrees? Do the bulbs work? Have you tried to lock the van for 5 mins and then unlock and open a door?
Good point, one of my led bulbs was faulty and the fuse had blown a second time so i would check the fuse again as well

Iv put the original bulbs back in and still no joy

• Wow
Just a thought but can you turn on the map reading lights with the switch? Is the adjacent interior light switch on the correct setting?
I know these are obvious checks but easy to overlook when stressed.

If the circuit has lost power (ie the fuse has blown) then you will have no rear lights so that can guide you slightly

Back