Interior light fuse?

I'm on phone so can't check but it's near the bottom of the three main rows of fuses in the lower dash fusebox, bottom 1 or 2 I think

Back home now, can you clarify what you have lost/what is not working, @t6stu if its only interior lights try fuse 5 - 5Amp

Last edited:
Lost all interior lights and drl's
I've pulled and checked every fuse and all look fine
Been replacing cargo lights

If you are running standard headlights and have no interior roof console then should be fuse 5 as per the picture i sent you, it may be partially obscured by the face of the dash think you will need to look in and down slightly, some of them are a real PITA to get too !

Remember fuses generally blow for a reason, do you know what caused it to happen ?

Well, don't know what has gone on! The cargo lights worked before I touched them and now with the help from Pauly went to check number 5 and there is no number 5! Put a fuse in there and now they all work again. I never removed the fuse, I have no fuses left over so I'm sat here scratching my head! Maybe it shot out?!

T6 ghost!
Where is this fuse, I need to switch off the DLR so it will help. Please make me picture where is the fuse box.

Pulling fuses is not advisable, modern vehicles do not operate like vehicles of old and a single fuse does not feed a single item.
The fuse in question is one of many that feeds the OBCU (onboard control unit) this basically houses multiple relays to turn things on and off, pulling fuses quite often will disconnect more than one thing and normally lead to fault lights on dash and the canbus system logging errors.
If you simply want to disable your daytime running lights then it would be advisable to take a software approach and turn them off with VCDS, this will permanently deactivate them and result in no errors or unwanted side effects but please check the legality of this for your region/country as they may be a requirement and/or MOT (road worthiness test) failure.

I have just blown a fuse whilst changing the interior lights to led but can't find a blown fuse please help
Did you verify that it is not the off timer that kicked in? Close/open the doors? Probably knew that for LEDs to work polarity must be correct ?

Tried opening the doors etc.
I already found out about the polarity lol.
I have just spent the last hour checking every fuse with my meter and no joy.
Had locked and unlocked with no joy either.

Just went to start the van to move forward and the lights started working again.

Weird?

Tried opening the doors etc.
I already found out about the polarity lol.
I have just spent the last hour checking every fuse with my meter and no joy.
Had locked and unlocked with no joy either.

Just went to start the van to move forward and the lights started working again.

Weird?
Weird indeed. Anyways, good that problem was solved. By the way, the module controlling (among other things) interior lights got a software update in September-2016. Before that I experienced some other strange inconsistencies in the operation of interior lights, mostly no light when I supposed them to be lit. But as I was experimenting things I just blamed myself messing up :( because shutting down and restarting seemed to solve the issues :) - pretty much just like yours now. So, just a thought…

Back