Interior inspiration

Katoof

T6 Pro
Hi Guys,

Complete conversion newbie here and trying to decide on internal colours, design etc. I have a red SWB T6 Edition Kombi that I am getting converted in June. All of the choices and options are a bit overwhelming at the moment so was hoping for some inspiration.

So far I know I am having a 130 RIB bed fitted so the cupboards will be slim. With the van being red I am unsure which of the EVO units and which flooring options will suit the van.

Any advice or photos would be great.

Thanks in advance :)

One day you will be selling it so don't go with a colour scheme too unique to you unless you intend to keep it for ever.

I always like black with a red van. Seen some red Van's with gold wheels looking very smart too!

Thanks guys - yeah we were thinking maybe dark units, its then factoring in flooring , worktops and the curtains etc. I'm never good at making decisions on colours unless I've seen it and there seem to be less red vans to look at. It's obviously harder at the moment as I cant go and physically see vans due to lock down.

Use the kitline design tool on there website to look at all the colours and worktops
Thanks for the advice I did have a look but find real photos much better to help me make choices. I’m not good at picturing stuff. I’ve had a look in their photo gallery and have been looking at all sorts of sites to try and see the units/ floor combinations.

We were looking at recovering the front seats and having gti fabric on the rib bed but we have decided to stick with the semora fabric. I love the light blue units but our van is red so I’m unconvinced that this will go so am now thinking dark units and grey floor may compliment the seats and the van colour. Basically there’s too much choice.

It takes time to work out a design... One thing that helped me with some decisions was when I sat in a van with very dark interior... It gave a more dim dark enclosed feel and not what I was after... Lighter colours give perception of more space and a better feel IMO... From that point forward I went lightish on the colours, oak floor and work top, light grey units.. The seats, RIB and carpet lining being dark gave it just enough contrast... Worked for me..

Thanks for the advice I did have a look but find real photos much better to help me make choices. I’m not good at picturing stuff. I’ve had a look in their photo gallery and have been looking at all sorts of sites to try and see the units/ floor combinations.

We were looking at recovering the front seats and having gti fabric on the rib bed but we have decided to stick with the semora fabric. I love the light blue units but our van is red so I’m unconvinced that this will go so am now thinking dark units and grey floor may compliment the seats and the van colour. Basically there’s too much choice.
I Went gloss white oak tops light grey carpet and whale flooring 075CDE67-C216-4301-8D8E-69B86C359436.jpeg

I’d say that if you’re tinting the windows and go for black units, it could be a little dark inside. I’ve got limo tint windows, and gone gloss white, with black work surfaces, and grey carpet.

7140DF9F-2E21-4310-B862-5B981F636582.jpeg

Agree on not going too dark for the interior - like Jason, we much prefer a lighter interior and the perception of space that seems to go with it. In our case, the main colour is a light blue (it's not in the picture but there's also usually a dark(ish) grey mat which leaves a 4 or 5" border of original floor visible all round). As can just be seen, van is Acapulco Blue. If your converter has any sort of track record, he's probably got pictures of past projects for you to look at as well. It should go without saying but It's important to get the decision right in the first place. Look forward to seeing the finished job.
008 Interior Rear 2.jpg

Ok, so of those of you that have gloss white units, how easy are they to scratch? My concern with light units is they will show up marks badly. They do look good though....

Ok, so of those of you that have gloss white units, how easy are they to scratch? My concern with light units is they will show up marks badly. They do look good though....

Think they do a tuff white gloss version... Can't see them scratching easily.. but they will show up grubby fingerprints like any other white units... Easily wipe off though..

I think with red I would be leaning towards a country cream colour unit with oak or cherry wood worktop.. I guess it boils down to personal preference at the end of the day

Think they do a tuff white gloss version... Can't see them scratching easily.. but they will show up grubby fingerprints like any other white units... Easily wipe off though..
Grubby fingerprints are fine, they come off :)

Agree on not going too dark for the interior - like Jason, we much prefer a lighter interior and the perception of space that seems to go with it. In our case, the main colour is a light blue (it's not in the picture but there's also usually a dark(ish) grey mat which leaves a 4 or 5" border of original floor visible all round). As can just be seen, van is Acapulco Blue. If your converter has any sort of track record, he's probably got pictures of past projects for you to look at as well. It should go without saying but It's important to get the decision right in the first place. Look forward to seeing the finished job.
View attachment 69620
Looks great !!!! I love the colour of these units- if our van wasn’t red these would have 100% been my choice but I just can’t picture them in our current van.

I’d say that if you’re tinting the windows and go for black units, it could be a little dark inside. I’ve got limo tint windows, and gone gloss white, with black work surfaces, and grey carpet.

View attachment 69617
The colours looks great together the carpet makes it homely - Now thinking of a nice Big rug on our floor- If the fridge will still open. At least that’s a decision we can make once the vans converted

Touch wood I’ve not got any scratches yet, and I have two small children (although they’re pretty careful)!

Back