Intake Manifold Issue

Vwgirl87

So our 18 plate edition had the engine management lamp (the spiral symbol) come on yesterday and the van went into limp mode. We stopped the van and started again and the lamp went off but the van still didn't feel quite right (it was definitely not in limp mode just not 100%). We called VW assist and they came out a few mins ago and diagnosed fault code P200600 and a faulty intake manifold sensor! Apparently it needs to go into a dealer as it will need the front end removed to get to it and replace it! Even worse we're 150 miles away from home camping. Even worse still the VW assist guy told us the van would need to go into a dealer to first be diagnosed (as the info he took isn't shared with the dealer for some stupid reason) and we'd then need to take the van away again, they would order the part (it's not a part that woukd be held in stock) and we'd need to take it back again for the repair, then collect again! What a pain in the @rse!

Anyone know if you can get a dealer to come and collect your vehicle? The hassle with work of trying to get to and from a dealer twice is going to make it really difficult

This is all after VW assist coming out just two weeks ago to do this ad-blue emissions update

I'm tempted to ring VW customer service and spit my dummy

I have a similar sounding problem with VW. I’ve had roadside assist out 3or4 times over the past year due to adblu issues. The codes were cleared as there was no fix at the time and I was told to wait for a software update.
This update is now available but the dealer won’t do it as they don’t seem to liaise with roadside assist, so don’t recognise all my call out faults. I find this hard to comprehend. I know this fault will happen again but I just want to get it fixed now before my warranty runs out.
I’ve phoned VW customer service but haven’t heard anything promising yet!

Back