Insurance

Stigofthedub

T6 Pro
Hi guy's.
It's great to see all the beautiful van's and mods out there. But I always seem to struggle to sort out insurance when the van isn't standard. My last transporter a t5.1 panel van had sportline wheels and a rear roof spoiler, when I swapped for my t6 I bought a rear spoiler at the same time and kept the wheels. There was a couple of months left on my insurance so I asked to swap. The same insurance company said they would insure with the wheels but wouldn't cover me with a spoiler on the t6. I have kept it in the box until I have to renew. who do you guy's use for modified van's.

Brentacre do a good modified vehicle policy. Used them for my t4 and no mod was an issue.
Also Adrian flux have insured my t6 for an awesome price with any camper mods and some styling mods at no extra.

I don't get this insurance lark as it seems to be all over the place for a lot of people.
I insure my RRS,a mercedes e500 & a C6 Corvette fully comp max no claims bonus with the NFU all for just on £1000.00.
They have been some of the best quotes that I have had for years, including breakdown,& windscreens included. Try them.
My last Hymer motorhome 1year old was with them as well, a friend of mine also insures his with them as its the best he has found.

Brentacre do a good modified vehicle policy. Used them for my t4 and no mod was an issue.
Also Adrian flux have insured my t6 for an awesome price with any camper mods and some styling mods at no extra.

I rang Adrian Flux and was told that if the worse happened, I would only be paid out the value of a standard T6 in the condition it left the factory. Excluding all the mods that are being done for the camper conversion.

In the end I rang Brentacre and got a better price that included everything, they said I could also get an agreed value if I sent them a full spec and pictures to back it up.

Just sorted my insurance out with Brentacre, I rang around and they were the best price, but also said I could call to inform them of any further mods without a cost increase providing it didn't affect the value or significantly increase BHP. The guy said I could have it remapped from the 150 it is to anything up to 200 without any issues either. What a great attitude for people who like to enhance their vehicles.
I guess if you were going to do a significant mod like a camper conversion it would be better to have it re-classified/ re-registered if that is the right term.
When talking to the dealer as I picked my van up we discussed this and he said they could have registered mine with a tailgate spoiler and it would be considered as a factory fit providing they had fitted it before I got it. If only I had known...

I rang Adrian Flux and was told that if the worse happened, I would only be paid out the value of a standard T6 in the condition it left the factory. Excluding all the mods that are being done for the camper conversion.

In the end I rang Brentacre and got a better price that included everything, they said I could also get an agreed value if I sent them a full spec and pictures to back it up.
I'm with Adrian flux and have just increased the insured value on my camper based on the conversion having taken place. There's a process to go through where you tell them costs and send them certain photos they request but it was painless and my van is now insured for £37k as opposed to the £18k I bought it for

Also no insurance issues with 20 inch alloys and B14 coilovers and both are now listed on my insurance doc

I am with flux and have been for years . You tell them your mods and log them , make sure you do it all in one call if you can as they charge 25 quid per policy change. I had a crash that wrote my 5.1 off in June , not my fault. As the claim stands today i have been paid out for whiplash and they paid top book value plus all costs with receipts for mods. I have read all sorts of bad press about flux not paying out but i have not seen this problem at all. I think people have issues when they don't tell the full truth to get a policy. That was on a work van with mods . I also have a T4 camper guaranteed payout of 12k if there is a accident . I would not hesitate to use flux in the future as long as they remain competitive.

Just trying to get some quotes as Direct Line have just increase my premium by 50% for renewal. I spoke to Brentacre who were really helpful, and provided a competitive quote on the phone including all my mods. When I asked them to email me the quote, they acted like I was stupid??

I want to go through any quote and make sure everything I think should be covered is actually documented - is not emailling out quotes normal, how is everyone else managing this, or do you just rely on the cool down period to cancel if its wrong?

Direct Line were good for me but then my van is not heavily modified. I told them the factory/dealer fit options including lowered suspension and that I'd added 18" alloys (non VW)and they gave me a really good price, a lot better than Adrian Flux

DL have been good, been with them for the past 12 years. But they are hiking the premium over last year and the mods are the same. I call that taking the P!

The thing is I have their renewal in front of me and want to make sure I get the same cover, would prefer to have it electronically to compare rather that a Dude in sales mode on the phone. I'm waiting for calls back from Herts and A-Plan.

Interesting quotes, new t6 kombi T32 150 dsg, Brentacre 570 excess 350, AVIVA 268 with 350 excess, its the bloody same van, Aviva with 150 excess comes out at 287, this is basic quotes obviously there's add on if you require them but still crazy comparissons

Just trying to get some quotes as Direct Line have just increase my premium by 50% for renewal. I spoke to Brentacre who were really helpful, and provided a competitive quote on the phone including all my mods. When I asked them to email me the quote, they acted like I was stupid??

I want to go through any quote and make sure everything I think should be covered is actually documented - is not emailling out quotes normal, how is everyone else managing this, or do you just rely on the cool down period to cancel if its wrong?
Hi

I used to be with Direct line Insurance when my van was standard as purchased.When I mentioned modifications they declined to insure me.Before commencing with modifications I called Brenacre who gave me a quote with an insurer called marker-study which was very competitive at around £900 due to the modifications.I then proceeded to get a quote from Aviva who quoted £1480 fully comp "ouch". I called Brentacre again and asked them to go over the insurance plan they had quoted only to find out that only one claim could be made per year ????
I called HIC and explained my concerns,they quoted me £700 fully comp with all the modifications "lowered,uprated suspension shocks,20" wheel and business use using an insurance provider called "highway" who are part of the LV group.
I would highly recommend HIC after getting a nasty taste in my mouth from Brentacre!

Always double and triple check your policy documents before signing up.

HI Guys, Just to let you know ..... I got 3 quotes all FULLY COMP, 16 REG LWB KOMBI TO BE CONVERETED : 2Gether Ins - have used before .... and like them £325, £300 Excess: Adrian Flux £264 with £350 excess - 1 year to convert; and finally Brentacre who were over £400 ..... the lesson i have learnt over the years is Do you fit the Insurance Companies Profile? IF YOU DON'T you will pay through the nose and leg!!! Martin Lewis has lots on this. BTW I have my modified Landrover insured with AFlux so got a discount .... hope this helps!

Back